🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: no response from client
Page options
christineisaak
Community Member

no response from client

i send many proposal but no response from anyone how can i make sure that the client will hire me?

6 REPLIES 6
martinceisel
Community Member

Improve your profile and proposal strategy. Build out a portfolio. Make for Helm's Deep.

lysis10
Community Member

If you have to ask this question, you've already lost.
datasciencewonk
Community Member

Well, given the numerous grammatical mistakes in your overview, why should someone hire you as any sort of a writer -- at least in English?

tlbp
Community Member

You might have better luck seeking writing jobs that require your native language. Are their local freelance sites that seek technical writers? Upwork has become highly competitive. Many non-native English writers are having difficulty finding work. 

e_luneborg
Community Member

Why do you even want to write in a language that you are not native in?

I'm sure you would have better luck with your proposals if you only applied for jobs in your native language.

I would never ever write anything (for pay) in English, and the simple reason for that is that I have the choice of writing in my native language. Why would I want to write in my second or third language when I can just as well write in a language that I know 100%? I will never understand why people do this.

@Eve L wrote:

Why do you even want to write in a language that you are not native in?

I'm sure you would have better luck with your proposals if you only applied for jobs in your native language.

I would never ever write anything (for pay) in English, and the simple reason for that is that I have the choice of writing in my native language. Why would I want to write in my second or third language when I can just as well write in a language that I know 100%? I will never understand why people do this.

Very well said, Eve!

"Certa bonum certamen"