Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proofreader

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Ned Richard P Member Since: Feb 12, 2018
1 of 5

I am new here, I would want to be a proofreader , how do I become a proofreader?

Jake M Member Since: Feb 13, 2018
2 of 5

Hello!

It's simple!

1. Make sure to write a proofreading oriented profile description that highlights your experience and other important things.
  2. Take a few Upwork English related tests (if you plan to proofread in English, of course) so that you can further show your future clients that you know what you're doing!
  3. Apply, Apply, Apply! Don't lose hope! You should have plenty of connects to be able to apply to a bunch of jobs, and I'm sure someone will hire you for one!

Let me know if you have any questions!
-Jake

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
3 of 5

Jake M wrote:

Hello!

It's simple!

1. Make sure to write a proofreading oriented profile description that highlights your experience and other important things.
  2. Take a few Upwork English related tests (if you plan to proofread in English, of course) so that you can further show your future clients that you know what you're doing!
  3. Apply, Apply, Apply! Don't lose hope! You should have plenty of connects to be able to apply to a bunch of jobs, and I'm sure someone will hire you for one!

Let me know if you have any questions!
-Jake

Excellent advice, but only if the OP is actually a proofreader since Upwork is not the place to learn a new skill. 

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
4 of 5

Proofreading is hereditary. You can't become a proofreader, you should be born as one.

Ace Contributor
Luz H Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
5 of 5

Baris A wrote:

Proofreading is hereditary. You can't become a proofreader, you should be born as one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Woman LOL

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS