🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: proofreader
Page options
64f99a25
Community Member

proofreader

I am new here, I would want to be a proofreader , how do I become a proofreader?

5 REPLIES 5
jkmarold55
Community Member

Hello!

It's simple!

1. Make sure to write a proofreading oriented profile description that highlights your experience and other important things.
  2. Take a few Upwork English related tests (if you plan to proofread in English, of course) so that you can further show your future clients that you know what you're doing!
  3. Apply, Apply, Apply! Don't lose hope! You should have plenty of connects to be able to apply to a bunch of jobs, and I'm sure someone will hire you for one!

Let me know if you have any questions!
-Jake

@Jake M wrote:

Hello!

It's simple!

1. Make sure to write a proofreading oriented profile description that highlights your experience and other important things.
  2. Take a few Upwork English related tests (if you plan to proofread in English, of course) so that you can further show your future clients that you know what you're doing!
  3. Apply, Apply, Apply! Don't lose hope! You should have plenty of connects to be able to apply to a bunch of jobs, and I'm sure someone will hire you for one!

Let me know if you have any questions!
-Jake

Excellent advice, but only if the OP is actually a proofreader since Upwork is not the place to learn a new skill. 

barada00
Community Member

Proofreading is hereditary. You can't become a proofreader, you should be born as one.

@Baris A wrote:

Proofreading is hereditary. You can't become a proofreader, you should be born as one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Woman LOL

ravi_iitian
Community Member

@Ned Richard P wrote:

I am new here, I would want to be a proofreader , how do I become a proofreader?

Hi Ned,

How many errors do you see in your post?

"Certa bonum certamen"