Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Write a book about my life."

Highlighted
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
1 of 3

How many of these do you see in a day? Have you ever proposed to do one and been interviewed?

I suppose the polite thing to say is that there are seven billion-plus stories out there to be told. Thank all that is sacred, I was born without the polite gene. I have not encountered one that ws any more interesting than a goldfish's life story, probably less.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 3

Bill H wrote:

How many of these do you see in a day? Have you ever proposed to do one and been interviewed?

I suppose the polite thing to say is that there are seven billion-plus stories out there to be told. Thank all that is sacred, I was born without the polite gene. I have not encountered one that ws any more interesting than a goldfish's life story, probably less.

I have declined many such invitations. But there was just one story that I Iiked and applied for: an untranscribed diary of a Hollywood "player" in the the 30s, but with some interesting anecdotes that I found tempting, and  the client replied, but  never followed up. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
BEST ANSWER
3 of 3

I did write one of these. It was almost a year long project and very rewarding. The young lady actually did have an interesting story and was thrilled that I was able to relay it in an eloquent way that not only covered all the facts but accurately captured her feelings, as well. 

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS