🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » "Write a book about my life."
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

"Write a book about my life."

How many of these do you see in a day? Have you ever proposed to do one and been interviewed?

I suppose the polite thing to say is that there are seven billion-plus stories out there to be told. Thank all that is sacred, I was born without the polite gene. I have not encountered one that ws any more interesting than a goldfish's life story, probably less.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
millermelanie
Community Member

I did write one of these. It was almost a year long project and very rewarding. The young lady actually did have an interesting story and was thrilled that I was able to relay it in an eloquent way that not only covered all the facts but accurately captured her feelings, as well. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Bill H wrote:

How many of these do you see in a day? Have you ever proposed to do one and been interviewed?

I suppose the polite thing to say is that there are seven billion-plus stories out there to be told. Thank all that is sacred, I was born without the polite gene. I have not encountered one that ws any more interesting than a goldfish's life story, probably less.

I have declined many such invitations. But there was just one story that I Iiked and applied for: an untranscribed diary of a Hollywood "player" in the the 30s, but with some interesting anecdotes that I found tempting, and  the client replied, but  never followed up. 

millermelanie
Community Member

I did write one of these. It was almost a year long project and very rewarding. The young lady actually did have an interesting story and was thrilled that I was able to relay it in an eloquent way that not only covered all the facts but accurately captured her feelings, as well.