🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » the reason why not being hired
Page options
abdelrauof97
Community Member

the reason why not being hired

Hi i took a job a month ago, now i have applied for many jobs, but they didn't interviewed or hired me. I wanna know the reason why i am not being hired or interviewed. 

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Abdelrauof,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. I see that you now have a Rising Talent Badge, congratulations! You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Abdelrauof M wrote:

Hi i took a job a month ago, now i have applied for many jobs, but they didn't interviewed or hired me. I wanna know the reason why i am not being hired or interviewed. 

I think your English is holding you back. You claim it's "Fluent" which it clearly isn't.

You will want to remove your video, the English on that is downright shocking.

The English - Arabic market is pretty saturated and the competition is fierce. Without a profile in flawless English (and proposals which mirror this) you will find it hard to be hired.

thanks for this helpful reply, and i would like to how can i make my profile more professional? 

@Abdelrauof M wrote:

thanks for this helpful reply, and i would like to how can i make my profile more professional? 

You'll need to correct your English level to "Conversational" as it is a long way from fluent and try to write your overview in reasonably decent English. Delete that horrific video. Even if it was not in such shocking English, nobody wants to see a screencast of someone typing. It is at best pointless, at worst unprofessional.

The problem is that even if you fix your overview and somehow manage to put together proposals in halfway passable English, I am not sure your English is good enough to translate anything beyond the most simple texts.

thank you for your time, but you are not right at all, my client's feedback is 5/5 and the rising talent badge tells my success in that industry. i am sorry, i can't accept your unreasonable solution at all. 

@Abdelrauof M wrote:

thank you for your time, but you are not right at all,

You asked why you are not being hired. I told you.

What you do with the facts (!) I presented to you is up to you.

@Abdelrauof M wrote:

thank you for your time, but you are not right at all, my client's feedback is 5/5 and the rising talent badge tells my success in that industry. i am sorry, i can't accept your unreasonable solution at all. 

It's a bit of a side note to this discussion, but the rising talent badge doesn't mean anything at all except that you haven't done anything to attract negative attention yet. It's handed out like candy at a parade, often to freelancers who have clearly fake profiles and haven't done any jobs yet. Don't take it too seriously.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Abdelrauof and Petra,

A couple of your posts have been removed from this thread. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks in your Community posts.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Abdelrauof and Petra,

A couple of your posts have been removed from this thread. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks in your Community posts.

Thank you.

Excuse me? The post of mine you removed contained no personal attacks at all. The post it replied to did, but my reply did not. I am not happy to have a knuckle wrapping post / public chastising directed at me when the reason my response was removed was because the post I replied to was removed for being out of order.

I have no problem with publicly being told to wind my neck back in when I overstep the mark, but I don't appreciate it when I didn't.

Thank you.