🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » web content creation rate versus web content ...
Page options
ruth_bowles
Community Member

web content creation rate versus web content editing rate

So I'm wondering how those of you who specialize in web content creation change your rate for web content editing (if you change it at all).

I am secure in my creation rate, but have an opportunity to edit and optimize the web pages for a site. I know I can do the job (and do it well), just struggling with the quote right now.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lynnsteinberg
Community Member

I don't change it at all unless it is a very non-technical, easy subject matter to read and edit. My hourly rate is based on B2B content creation which requires in-depth research and writing.  If the editing and SEO was for a website about dog walking, I might lower is 10-15%. Otherwise, I'd keep it the same. I hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lynnsteinberg
Community Member

I don't change it at all unless it is a very non-technical, easy subject matter to read and edit. My hourly rate is based on B2B content creation which requires in-depth research and writing.  If the editing and SEO was for a website about dog walking, I might lower is 10-15%. Otherwise, I'd keep it the same. I hope that helps. 

Lynn,

That makes a lot of sense. I appreciate your response. Waiting on a response now from this potential clietn (he is supposed to send me a few items). Your perspective has helped me create what I think is a good quote (for me at least, lol).