- I have been a member since 2010 and been freelancing ever since.
- Top Rated (Currently at 91%)
- When UpWork was still oDesk, everyday I am thrown with job invintation here and there. Now? Not a single email is getting on my inbox!
- The Job recommendation is either trash, did not match my rate, or already old.
- It bugs me down to see an open application and find it there are 2 hires already. Usually I ignore this but in case I already applied and see it after a minute it was hired I just withdraw to refresh my tokens! It sucks this is no longer happening.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am sorry to hear you haven't been getting much reply to your proposals lately.
Auto-hide feature has been discontinued. All proposals are delivered to the clients and can be viewed by them in their Applicants tab. A lot of community members have noted before that they saw better results once they tweaked their profiles and proposals a little bit.
Thanks for your input. As for now the current business model is really punishable towards veteran players. I am seeing a very low job conversation. It is very strange for me, you see an open application that has hired 2 already but the application but it is still open. It seems unfair, that you used a token but was never closed or reimburse.
Additionally, the recommended jobs is always been an unmatched,. Why recommend a job that has an average rate of $5/hr. Obviously way below your my hourly rate. Common sense hit you like a truck that you don't apply for it. This may not makes sense to you, but fresher jobs posts has better conversation. Who eats stale cheese by the way? To some, yes? If the goal is to have this old job posts converted to contract, go back to your drawing board because its not working. The Client might have abondon it.
@Muhammad Saif U wrote:
It seems auto hide feature of upwork is the main cause above of all other factors.
Did you read what Valeria just wrote?
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light" —William Ashbless