Ace Contributor
Peter B Member Since: Aug 11, 2016

Hello Waleed,

Congrats on your impressive start with upwork.

Here is my experience so far with my withdrawals:

The best way that i decided to go with eventually after a lot of research is the wire transfer. I know - I know 30$ could be a huge number in comparison with the 2$ fee for other methods. But actually it saves you a lot of many as any other service will charge you a percentage of your total earnings but 30$ is always a fixed price specially if you are gonna save up on up work and transfer large sums of money each time.

In addition, i urge you to open an account in Dollars with the National Bank of Egypt as its quota is also fixed and very low (only 4$ per each incoming transfer). ( you have to have 200$ in cash to open the bank account with).

So in the end if you thought about it the fees on transferring 1000$ is 34$ which means only 3.4% (there is no comparison really) and if you managed to transfer 2000$ the percentage will actually go down to 1.7%.

Oh, and the most important reason of all; you get your earning in Dollars and you can withdraw them from the bank (or keep them there) in the same currency. While in comparison you get your earnings with a card and withdraw them from an ATM which will get you your earnings in Egyptian pounds and you will also pay for a conversion fee.

One last note; your name on the bank account and your upwork name must match or you will face issues with your transfers.

Hope i could have helped; please don't hesitate to ask any thing.

Best of luck,

Peter