Nalaka F Member Since: May 6, 2015

Today, I got an email announcing the expansion of Direct to Local Bank (formerly known as Local Funds Transfer) withdrawal option to Sri Lankans as well. This could be a great news if there are no other charges than mentioned would be involved in the process.

You can find the announcement in detail here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Updates-to-Payment-Methods-for-non-US-based-freelancer...

I just added the option in my account but it'll take 3 days to be active. One issue I'm having at the moment if it matters at all is the branch number of the local bank doesn't get saved. Every time I go back to the edit screen the field is blanked. Also I noticed there is no such a field for the branch number in my wire transfer record of the same bank account (which was I've been using for withdrawals successfully), and both records have the details of the head office branch as the bank name and address. So I hope since I've the correct account number the bank system would handle the branch details by itself just like how the wire transfer is working.