Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Hi John Paul,


As I told you in this thread, it was for the season of annual income tax return filing that I entered the process of registering myself as a self-employed individual.  I submitted a notarized Certificate of Earnings Report (which I downloaded from my UW account) signifying that I am receiving payments from my clients through the platform although UW is not my employer.  


Going back to the DTI permit.  It looks like the DTI permit is only necessary if you wish to have a business trade name. I did skip that part as I wanted my full name to be my business name.  Also, it seems that you need to have a business trade name if you need to occupy a boutique just to send files to your clients online.


For more information, please read this: