Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@John Paul Z wrote:

the eBIRforms is confusing. No need to create an account or register via BIR website. Electronic Filing and Payment System (eFPS) facility is mandatory only for certain identified business users as follows:

• Large Taxpayers (RR#2-2002);
  • Top 10,000 Corporations (RR#5-2004);
  • Top 20,000 Corporations (RR#3-2009);
  • Insurance Companies and Stock Brokers (RMC#71-2004);
  • Corporations with paid-up capital stock of 10 Million and above (RR# 10-2007);
  • Corporations with complete computerized system (RR#10-2007)
  • All Government Bidders pursuant to EO 398 as implemented by (RR# 3-2005)
  • Top 5,000 Individual Taxpayer (RMC# 69-2009)
  • Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) (RR 1-2010)

However, if you are not one of those identified but have the intention of using eFPS, you can submit a Letter of Intent addressed to the Revenue District Office (RDO) where you are registered, for proper evaluation and approval.  You can only enroll and eventually log on to the eFPS website upon approval of your application. Please coordinate with the Taxpayer Service Section (TSS) of your RDO. (WHICH WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO HAHA)

The eBIRform transaction is independent of all other tax facilities that are offeredby BIR.  The first time I registered as a self-employed individual, I was ushered into a kiosk and it was free to have someone do the encoding.  These days, however, these kiosks are common at internet cafes especially at the mall and somebody does the encoding for a fee.  It was the Officer of the Day who actually recommended efiling to me since this is the most convenient method by which we can file for our taxes without the need to be penalized.