Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Nenad P wrote:

Hi Juvy Ann.


I'm not VAT taxpayer, I've registered for a flat-rate tax.


My question was mostly related to Serbia and our laws

since not even accountants I've consulted don't have experience with these payments

and I've got contradictory information from different people.


Some say that invoice is issued to Upwork, others to clients,

so I'm unsure what to do and how to be safe.

I actually felt the same way when I was starting out on taxes.  I had to consult our local tax authorities.  I attended classes prior to registering as a self-employed individual.  Freelancing is a new and dynamically evolving business field.


Did you accomplish the W-8BEN form?