Peter, really curious if you ever found an answer to your message.
I'm having difficulty with this as well and then some:
My main struggle to understand so far is the below:
- I signed up on upwork and started work in Nov 2018.
- I was not registered anywhere (not as PFA nor SRL).
- Therefore I did not dare take out any money since I started - was afraid someone might notice money comes in my persnal back account and would ask where the taxes were paid.
- Now I'm in the process of opening up a SRL (the RO equivalent to LLC)
- On my upwork account I can see the invoices from me to the client but they are dated from before the SRL (LLC) was setup.
Does anyone know a way of being able to put this money on the company bank account so I can pay taxes on it and use the money?
It would be a shame to loose it all for not being able to take it out since it's dated before the start date of the company.
My accountant said I should issue an invoice to Upwork (which to me does not sound correct since the invoice upwork prepares in my name has my name and my client's name) or client (seems more legit) -- but do you actually have to send this invoice? .. or just create it for the total sum I have on upwork so far and file that invoice?
Does anyone actually check what I invoice vs what my client pays (they are in the US).
Hope someone can shed some light, since these type of online work and invoicing is not something our RO accountants are very familar with as far as I can see.
Thanks in advance,