🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment requested by clients
Page options
21e09ada
Community Member

Payment requested by clients

Hi, there are clients who ask for payments (for their company Premium ID) from us, prior to award the work. is this legal & are you aware of this ? Should we pay what they ask for

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Champa, 

Please know that requesting freelancers to pay is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Please flag the client's job post, and/or message so that it goes to the team's queue for their review and action. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
21e09ada
Community Member

thank, I will flag this post...
6f8f1c3e
Community Member

I'm not sure about bank and PayPal withdrawals, however if you use Payoneer, the transfer from your Fiverr account to your Payoneer card will take roughly an hour, and a $3 charge will be deducted.

Personally, I utilised Stripe payment methods, and via Stripe, you have the ability to rapidly send payments to your bank for a minor price (1 percent, I believe). If you're talking about the Fiverr fee, it will always be 20%.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths