🐈
» Forums » Support » WIRE TRANSFERRED MONEY NOT RECEIVED
Page options
d96ba47d
Community Member

Wire Transfer has not arrived in Bank Account

Hi! Please help!

I have wired transferred my earnings on last March 31 but it has not reaced my account, called my bank and said no transactions are pending and my account has no restrictions so it's free to receive transfers.

I have received the payment withdrawn email but not the payment processing one, can someone guide me please? It is my first time in upwork and withdrawing.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hannah,

Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money at arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

526 REPLIES 526

Hi Ifeoluwa,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your funds. Please note that while wire transfers are processed within one business day, they may take several days to arrive in your bank account. If after 8 business days you still have not received your funds, please reach out to us again so we can assist you further. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi! I withdrawed my money on 13/10/2021 through Wire Transfer and still hasn't received anything. Last time it took 3 days, but now it's been two weeks and I'm getting worried that something might have gone wrong. The UpWork team has already initiated a trace for me, but I still have no information on when the funds will arrive to my bank account. 

I contacted my bank with the details from the receipt provided by UpWork and they said that there are no transactions coming to my bank account from that SWIFT channel. I contacted the UpWork team and now they're waiting to receive updates from their partner bank.

Has anyone experienced such problems? How long does it take to recieve the withdrawn funds under these circumstances?

Thanks! 

Hi Upwork team

When I click on get paid now, it says that there is no active payment method. Although, I added my bank account as a payment method earlier. Is it possible this happens because my account's type is savings?

International banking may have different requirements and regulations than US based bank accounts.  I recommend reaching out to Upwork support to verify the exact issue. Smiley Very Happy

Thank you, actually the issue has just been solved, I clicked on get paid now, and I was notified that the payment was done but no payment was received to my bank account yet, does it usually take 2-5 days?

Hi Batool,

Please note that all transfers requested before 12pm UTC are processed on the same day, if you initiated your withdrawal after this deadline it will be processed next day. This means your withdrawal should become available within the standard processing time of two to five business days, if not before.

You can find more information about Wire Transfer Fees and Timing in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,
My funds are not on my bank account yet, and not on my Upwork account. This is becoming very frustrating, it seems impossible to withdraw to the bank account. 

Hi Majda,

One of our agents has reached out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

How do I beg upwork to trace my wire transfer initiated last Saturday? 

Hammad K wrote:

How do I beg upwork to trace my wire transfer initiated last Saturday? 

You don't. Transfers are processed in 2 to 5 business days, excluding weekends and holidays. You are on business day 2.

In the very unlikely case that your transfer has not arrived after 8 business days, excluding weekends and holidays. you can ask Upwork to initiate a trace. Not before.

I have been withdrawing my upwork amount via wire transfer regularly and the amount used to be available after 1 business day usually. This time,  I got a mail saying " you requested wire transfer for **** amount". But after that its been almost 3 days , i have got nothing. I am from Nepal, Asia and My bank is MEGA BANK LTD. I don't know whats happening. How much time it might take to arrive here in my account? How can i track my amount ? Can anyone help me out here?

Hi Sudip,

Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello!

I have withdrawn on 5th of January. Checked with my bank today - haven't received the transfer. Would you be so kind to check it from your end? Withdrawal ref IF is 442060948.

Hi Lubov,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please keep in mind today is a U.S. Bank Holiday and so it is not a business day. Please allow the 8th business day to pass tomorrow and follow up with us if you still haven't received your funds afterward.

~Andrea
Upwork
a7029b00
Community Member

Hi, I have waited an extra couple of days, just to be sure - still haven't received the transfer.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ludov,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with a trace for your withdrawal.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I requested a withdrawal on 21st January with Transaction ref:445967811, however, no money is transferred to my bank account and I don't know what happened. Can you please trace the transaction and let me know what happened to the transferred money?

Thanks,
Eid.H

Hi Eid,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello.

I made a wire transfer to ukrainian bank a week ago, and haven't recieved a payment yet. Not even a notification about transfer.

How can I check the status of payment or track the money?

Bank is not under sanctions, and I'm not in the "so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) or Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR)" regions of Ukraine.

Thank you in advance

Hi Artem,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know that Wire Transfers may take several to arrive in your bank account. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please let us know and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
6f823566
Community Member

Hello.
Can you please initiate a trace. Haven't received money yet.
Also can you please send me a receipt so I can ask my bank support for help.

Thank you

Hi Artem,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

Is there any support team? 

I can't find any contact with support button on the support page.

1) Where is the button? Why did it disappear? 
2) 27 Feb I requested a wire transfer (ref id 455805383), it's 4 business days now, and still nothing. Could you confirm that the payment was sent? 

Hi Amir,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know that Wire Transfers may take several to arrive in your bank account. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please let us know and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi! I withdrew my money on 24/02/2022 through Wire Transfer and still haven't received anything. Last time it took 1-2 days, but now it's been 10 days and I'm getting worried that something might have gone wrong. I am a Ukrainian citizen. Does the russian invasion affect the work of UpWork in Ukraine? When can I expect to receive my funds?

Thank you!

Hi Mariia,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn you have not received your funds yet. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I ordered request 458916742 last Wednesday to send money via wire transfer. The same account as used for several years before. But I got nothing. Your help system doesn't allow me to ask direct question - no contact to chat, or even mail for support. So I am asking here - where is my money?

regards,

vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

How long does it take to get paid after withdrawing the money. Placed withdrawal on Saturday and I've not seen anything yet in my account

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that your withdrawal was successful on our end. Please keep in mind that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account

If you don’t receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello. 

I have made withdraw to bank at February 26, already more than 12 business days I haven't received it yet. 

UpWorks payment team is informed, and they're trying to track founds and trying to get information form Upwork's partner bank. 

Via SWIFT receipt also via UETR codes my bank was unable to see money. 

Have anybody problems with SWIFT transfers , how long it will take to find money? It is about around 3800$ 

Also, do you know any other situations when someone loose founds during transaction? 

Thank you in advance. 

Hello,

I initiated a withdrawal via wire transfer and I am yet to get an email to inform me that my payment has been processed. 

Usually, with local bank transfer, I get the payment processed email instantly. 

Can any moderator clarify how long it would take please?

Hi Oluwabunmi,

Wire transfers will be processed within one business day. In your case, I checked and can confirm your transaction was successful on our end already. Please know it may take several days to arrive in your bank account.

~Andrea
Upwork
c29c9a50
Community Member

All right. Thank you.

Hello. I don't know how to open support tickets, so I am writing to this discussion board.

I made a withdrawal Mar 18, 2022 via Wire Transfer (USD). 
Reference ID: 461516106
More than a week have passed and still nothing happened.

Please check current transaction status and update me with transaction details that I could send to my Bank to also check this issue.
Thanks.

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that your withdrawal was successful on our end. Please keep in mind that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account

If you don’t receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola.

Still no funds in my bank account, 8 business days have passed.

Please initiate a trace on my transaction (Reference ID: 461516106).

Thanks.

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello!

My understanding is wire transfer deducts 30$. Upon my recent fund withdrawal request through wire, an amount of 35$ deducted. I can't seem to find any justification for 5$ extra deduction.

My banker confirmed that the charges were not deducted from their end.

Attachments for review and solution

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible via email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths