🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Getting hired by my client through my own ag...
Page options
dabiri-negar
Community Member

Getting hired by my client through my own agency

Hi. I would like to sign a new contract with my client but this time, not as a freelancer, but as my own agency. I have received an offer from my client but it has come to my personal freelancer account and not to the agency account. It doesn't even mention that this job offer has been received through my agency. Is that how agency offers work? If I accept the offer as it is, Does this mean that I will be working as my agency or as a freelancer? (I need it to be as an agency)
10 REPLIES 10
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Negar,

In this case, your client needs to send the offer to the agency. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar.
Yes please. I would appreciate your help with this. 
My client has sent me the offer but for some reason, I don't see it in the agency account. I can only see it in my freelancer account but it does not mention anywhere that this offer has been sent through my agency. 
Given that I have registered a company here in Hungary, it means a lot to me that I work for my client, with my company from now on through the agency account.

Thank you in advance

Hi Negar,

Since your client sent you the offer directly to your freelancer profile, that's why you don't see it on your agency one. Your client will need to send you the offer through your agency instead, in order for you to work as an agency for your client.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you for getting back to me.
My client is saying that she has sent it to me by clicking on the "Invite
to job" button on my agency page. If that is the case, shouldn't; I receive
the offer on the agency account?
How can I help my client and show her how she should send the offer to the
agency profile?

Thank you for getting back to me.
My client is saying that she has sent it to me by clicking on the "Invite to job" button on my agency profile page. If that is the case, shouldn't I receive the offer on the agency account?
How can I help my client and show her how she should send the offer to the agency profile? Can you please help me through this?

Hi Negar,

It looks like you submitted the proposal to your client using your freelancer profile. You should submit your proposal to the job posted by your client using your agency profile so it becomes automatically a contract under the agency.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

I see.
I didn't really need to submit a proposal for this job though. It was an offer from a client that I knew from before when I signed the contract in the first place. The job is no longer open for people to send proposals. I am in a way, just changing my contract.
The reason that I need to sign a new contract with my client using my agency account is that I have registered a company and I need to switch my contract from being a freelancer to an agency on Upwork but I still need my client to send me the offer because the job is no longer available.

Is there any other way, other than submitting a proposal, for me to be able to sign a new contract with my client through my agency account?

Hi Negar,

If you're a non-exclusive agency member and don't have the agency set as your default team, then the offer will go to your independent freelancer account. In this case, I see that you're a non-exclusive agency member and your agency isn't set as your default team. You will need to set the agency as your default team and then ask your client to resend the offer. Once you accept it, the subsequent contract will be created through your agency. You can check this help article for more information on how this works, and see the steps on how to set your agency as your default team. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Luiggi.
You are absolutely right. Seems like this was the reason.
I managed to set the agency as my default team but I can not change my exclusivity because I have an active contract in my freelancer profile (the same contract I am trying to change). I hope this doesn't get in the way of receiving the offer from my client through my agency. I am going to try your solution now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths