🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Potentiel scam
Page options
b61d039a
Community Member

Potentiel scam

Hello

I am new to this platform and have replied to an add. I was selected for the job. They told me to centact them via telegram. The lady said the pay was high due to a big work load. I asked (becaise this has already hapend on a different platform) if it was a real job or a scam because the pay rate seemed very high. Since i havent got any answer. And it has been two days. Is there a way to verfy the veracity of the add? Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Rebecca, 

Unfortunately, it looks like you were not hired for this job. Please keep in mind that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

I would like to remind you that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I would recommend you check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
95e8e97b
Community Member

if they said that you will contact them via telegram, it is a scam

all transactions should be made in upwork

Okay thank you for this information. Very helpful. Have an excellente day

NikolaS

Hi Rebecca, 

Unfortunately, it looks like you were not hired for this job. Please keep in mind that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

I would like to remind you that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I would recommend you check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b61d039a
Community Member

Thank you very much for your answer. I will keep all this in mind and look up the minks you joined. Have a grezt day. Thank you

Hi Nikola,

When I first started on Upwork (but maybe it was on Odesk), there used to be a video that showed the hiring process (client sending an offer and the freelancer accepting). I suspect a lot of people who are just starting on the platform don't understand the steps involved in being hired, Is there a video that clearly shows the steps involved in this process?

edb03975
Community Member

Hi, it happened to me too, it was my first job and now I dont know what to do. They did pay me but I'm not sure if it's true, because it's too high and it's outside upwork. I had ti create an account on a "bank site" because it was international 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths