🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
philm002
Community Member

Hello all,

I just read the new connect policy: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057604814-11-24-FREE-Connects-to-Do-More-on-Upwork-

Quick question, does this policy only effect freelancers who are not apart of an agency? Does this new policy also apply to freelancers who are exclusively apart of the agency?

Please let me know.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Abinadab A wrote:

What of the freelancers who will post jobs and interview themselves so as to get Connects?

10 freebies are a reasonable compromise that will still discourage spammers. But Abinadab is right about scammers getting friends to interview them; I think we can expect to see an increase in fake projects being posted. Bonus connects should only be awarded if a project has been won and paid for.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Manoj,

Just to confirm, are you referring to our Freelancer Service Fee or the cost of our Freelancer Plus plan? Thank you.

philm002
Community Member

If I am apart of the agency, will the agency get 10 or so connects each month? Or will I get 10 connects each month? I am looking here:

• Increasing the monthly free Connects on the Freelancer Basic plan from 0 to 10
  • Increasing the monthly free Connects on the Freelancer Plus plan from 70 to 80
  • Increasing the Freelancer Basic and Plus Connects Rollover Limit from 140 to 200

I see this sentence "Awarding 10 connects for each interview won: when freelancers and agencies submit a proposal, win an interview, and respond" Does this only apply to interviews you get a freelancer submits a proposal? Does this apply to invite to interview?

qelerakis
Community Member

12-18 Would have been much better, but I guess 10 is better than nothing 🙂 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Stefan S wrote:

12-18 Would have been much better, but I guess 10 is better than nothing 🙂 

That's the spirit.

adshahid
Community Member

due to fake job posting?  and wasting connects of others seem easy.... 

mtacbobo
Community Member
That would be great and looking forward to it soon. It would be very beneficial in my part having a Basic subscription as in order for me to Get Hired, I need to buy Connects. In my part, it is very hard as I always spent money weekly in order for me to buy Connects as I need i
t when applying a job.
It is okay in my part, if and only if when I applying for a job, I will be Hired as I paid for it. But sad to say that it wont goes it that way.

Being the Contractor, I think it is fair enough in our part if we were given a FREE CONNECTS in order for us to apply for a particular job as when I get Hired, Upwork would have a 20 or 10% share for the fees in our job. So I think that would be fair enough in our part.
786fiaz
Community Member

okay great, that is awesome. Thanks|

jose_monteiro
Community Member

The credit allocation criterion may prove to be unfair, unless we see:
-I accept a work of construction of a 2000 dollar prototype, it takes two months to execute. I only have one interview at the end and I earn 10 credits.
-I accept 20 jobs of 10 dollars each that take 5 hours each. I have 20 interviewers and I earn 50 credits.
If I may suggest, they would earn credits depending on the amounts that UpWork invoices, it would be more fair.