🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
pfidalgopt
Community Member

Interesting measure, I imagine charging for connects may not have been a very good management decision. As I mentioned so many times, greedy has limits ...

I miss Elance so much ...

cheers

bappe_md_kaosar_
Community Member

Its really good news. My receving invites amount is very low. Let me know how can I get more interview. 

smj_designs
Community Member

This is great! Thank you for this support. This was much needed.

omido99
Community Member

Great news! Getting connects was so stressfull sometimes especially when you are  new on the platform. Thank you very much upwork 

sifax_67
Community Member

what about the agency consequences, is there a similar table for that?

Thank you!

sarahwilson1
Community Member
We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.
icomaguad
Community Member

Thank you and more power to us Upwork and freelancers! 🙂

aperalta2014
Community Member

Definitely going to be helpful. At first, I didn't like the fact that we had to pay for connects but I got over it and I pay for both my agency and my pro plan with the extra cost of buying connects every other month. So getting a few free connect here and there is awesome! 

rohan999
Community Member

Hi all,

Glad to see the updates. One thing I would like to discuss here. I think Upwork should look into a matters of fake or unnecessary client accounts. Nowdays we get to see a lot of job posts where they invited 250+ freelancers for one of the easiest tasks. Don't you really think that these are completely Junks ?? Sometime it looks like they are just passing their times here. I have also encountered so many FAKE ACCOUNTS which never hire someone or if they do they do from a certain areas which is also a REVIEW BUSINESS. In short you pay them they get you reviews. And through that way a lot of Freelancer accounts have been taken place here while the others are working so hard to make a favor. So I request please take care of these things to help this platform clean and spam free. Thanks.

sheknowsbest
Community Member

You have taken the 60 free connects in a time when it meant you could apply to 30 jobs, and reduced it to 0 and now handing over 10 connects for free (where most jobs require 6 connects) is progress in your opinion?

I've been using Upwork since it was Odesk. I've been here for 10 years and I've probably been here more than you Katrina. Upwork is falling us and it has been for years. 

This is exactly why I don't use it anymore. 

#makeupworkgreatagain