🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
gokediji
Community Member
Hello Upwork,

I submitted a proposal for a job about 8 days ago.

The client accepted my proposal without interviewing me and sent a new private job invite with the same subject which I accepted and was hired for.

Would love to have my 10 connects for this successful proposal please.

I've had a similar case which was resolved after I reached out here.
NikolaS

Hi Olagoke,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

shaguftaejaz3
Community Member
Hi
I started to work on upwork as new freelamcer form 15 of June 2021..all of my connects are consumed now i need new but still new monthly free connects are not credited to my profile as month of July has been started.
Plz guide me
Thanks
Shagufta Ejaz
2a05aa63
Community Member

You'll get 10 connects on July 15-16th.

aftabkhan993
Community Member

Hi Goran,

I didn't receive free connects since couple of weeks even after responding to multiple clients  invitation. can you please check.

Thanks!!

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Sajjad,

We are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. For more information, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

aftabkhan993
Community Member

Hi Aleksandar,

If I am not wrong before i used to get free connects for invited interviews, has it been discontinued?

Anyways, Thanks for the info!!

Regards.

sazidimran
Community Member

I have started working on upwork from 31st of May. I recieved 10 connects for interviewing in the middle of the month but haven't recieved my monthly connects yet.

AndreaG

Hi Sazid, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use. For more information on how this works, please visit this help article.

pavelpav
Community Member

On 24th of June, I won 2 interviews. So, I was supposed to get 20 free connects in that week but I got only 10. Can anyone help please?