More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Top Rated Manager

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

If you take the Upwork Readiness test the 40 Connects will be automatically added to your account. 

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

New Talent

Receive 40 free Connects with an additional 40 free Connects for passing the Upwork Readiness Test.

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests (NEW)

Each interview request you (freelancers and agencies) receive and respond to from a submitted proposal earns 10 free Connects (maximum of 50 Connects per 7-day period)*

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

2,366 Comments
gokediji
Frequent Visitor
Hello Upwork,

I submitted a proposal for a job about 8 days ago.

The client accepted my proposal without interviewing me and sent a new private job invite with the same subject which I accepted and was hired for.

Would love to have my 10 connects for this successful proposal please.

I've had a similar case which was resolved after I reached out here.
egaruth

Hi Olagoke,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

shaguftaejaz3
Hi
I started to work on upwork as new freelamcer form 15 of June 2021..all of my connects are consumed now i need new but still new monthly free connects are not credited to my profile as month of July has been started.
Plz guide me
Thanks
Shagufta Ejaz
2a05aa63
Community Guru

You'll get 10 connects on July 15-16th.

aftabkhan993

Hi Goran,

I didn't receive free connects since couple of weeks even after responding to multiple clients  invitation. can you please check.

Thanks!!

djondinium
Community Manager

Hi Sajjad,

We are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. For more information, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

aftabkhan993

Hi Aleksandar,

If I am not wrong before i used to get free connects for invited interviews, has it been discontinued?

Anyways, Thanks for the info!!

Regards.

sazidimran
Frequent Visitor

I have started working on upwork from 31st of May. I recieved 10 connects for interviewing in the middle of the month but haven't recieved my monthly connects yet.

andregutierrez22

Hi Sazid, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use. For more information on how this works, please visit this help article.

pavelpav

On 24th of June, I won 2 interviews. So, I was supposed to get 20 free connects in that week but I got only 10. Can anyone help please?

djondinium
Community Manager

Hi A N M Ragib,

I checked and it looks like you already created this support ticket regarding your Connects. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

pavelpav

Thank you very much

pavelpav

Hello,

So I got an job offer from a client today. Basically I proved my competence for  the job in the cover letter. So, my client sent me an offer directly without interviewing me.

In this case, do I get 10 free connects?

If yes, do I get it automatically or do I have to contact support?

Thank you for your response.

djondinium
Community Manager

Hi A N M Ragib,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

princesspeanuts
Hi,

Just two weeks back I was invited to interview WITHOUT submitting a proposal first, and upon responding I received 10 free connects.

I got a new invite (again without sending a proposal first) 2 days back and I still haven’t received connects.

Smiley Sad

Please help me understand how this works

Thanks a lot!
Cheers
Kaushini
egaruth

Hi  Dr Kaushini,

I would like to clarify that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. 

Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! 

You can find more information here

mirfan51
Frequent Visitor

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your support and reply. the last issue was resolved. But now, once again, I was interviewed and hired for another job. But this time again, Ten connects are not updated to my connects account. This was happened 3rd time to me, the last 2 times after discussing the problem here, the issue was resolved.

I'm writing here for the 3rd time. Can you guide me on why I'm facing this issue?

Thank you.

~ Muhammad

g_vasilevski

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and I can see that you have received a direct offer and would like to clarify that in this case, you're not eligible to receive the bonus of 10 free Connnects. Here’s how it works:

princesspeanuts
Oh okay thanks for your reply.
Just 2 weeks back I got my first invite and responded and got my 10 connects. I distinctly remember this and even checked my connects history. I can attach a screenshot here if needed. All I did was accept the invitation offer and respond with a proposal.

Did the same this time, but no proposals.

Did this rule about connects change over these two weeks? Smiley Happy coz that’s the only other explanation for this I feel

Cheers!
g_vasilevski

Hi Kaushini,

Please keep in mind that when you're accepting an invitation for an interview, you will not receive the bonus of 10 free Connects. Here’s how it works:

sid3247

After the job is closed or expire, why I can`t get my connects because I pay for it.if the client hires someone that`s ok but the job is closed or expired that time Upwork should revert back our connects.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski

Hi Siddharth,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

sid3247

when job is expired i can`t get my connects?

g_vasilevski

Hi Siddharth,

Yes that is correct, thank you.

eljanmahammadli

Hello everyone, 

I have a question about getting free connects from interviews.

I have probably reached the weekly connects limit (50 connects). And also I get some interviews which I applied proposal before. I was just wondering, am I going to get those connects later, or Upwork doesn't consider them.

Thanks.

g_vasilevski

Hi Eljan,

Please keep in mind that you can only receive 50 Connects in a 7 day period. Any additional free Connects that you have won will not be awarded on your profile later on. Thank you.

eljanmahammadli

Thanks for the response.

sid3247

but how i can see which job is expire or closed because we get notification like your job is closed or expired that`s error from upwork i think. 

muhammadadil102

I have a project on which I was hired, at the time of responding to the interview call Upwork refunded my connects which I had used on a bid of that project. And I have received additional 8 connects for responding to the client. It was my first project. But now on 2nd time when I respond to the client for an interview. Upwork didn't refund my connects? What is this matter?

bstojadinovic

Hi Muhammad,

We are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. You can find more information here

Thank you! 

markzolotoy
Community Leader

Do we we get 10 free connects every time we win an interview?

e825750a
Community Leader
Hello,
Every time you win an interview, you will get free connects. But there an exception: when you are invited to interview, you will not get connects.
Thanks,
Bruno
mateenzafar526

A job i have submitted a proposal was closed but i couldn't receive my 2 connects back which i submitted for a proposal. Kindly sort it out i already have no connects left. What does it mean your proposal has been archived.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski

Hi Mateen,

Please keep in mind that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post that has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

pavelpav

pbansal6

Hello

I got invited to a job and got hired yesterday but did not get free connects. Can you help me get them? Thanks!

Prabuddha

2a05aa63
Community Guru

Invitations don't give free connects. Only proposals do.

705b9875
Frequent Visitor

Hi I'm just asking when will i have connects? i have already received three answers to my proposal but so far i do not receive connects. please help thanks

update: i got my connects now problem solve Thanks!

tinker_bell3

Hi Mariegold, 

Please allow up to 24 hours for the Connects to be automatically added to your account. If you need further feel free to let us know. Thanks!

jpriyanka20

Hello, 

I submitted a proposal for a job exactly a month ago, i.e on 16th June, 2021. Today, I was notified that the job was closed. However, no applicants have been hired from the site. Yet, my connects have not been returned for the same. I believe it's extremely unethical on Upwork's part to not return the connects, given that they literally determine whether I gain income or not. I currently have 0 connects because I applied to jobs like these, wherein no candidate was selected, but the job wasn't closed either. It's honestly heartbreaking to not have any bargaining power on this platform.

I hope my connects can be returned following this issue. 

Thank you. 

g_vasilevski

Hi Priyanka,

Please keep in mind that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the job you're referring to so that I can check out the details. Thank you.

pavelpav

I did not receive my 10 free connects as I was offered the job without an interview yesterday. Can anyone help, please?

g_vasilevski

Hi Ragib,

I checked your account and I can see that you have received a direct offer. In this case you're not eligible for the 10 free Connects. Here’s how it works:

mahersanaullah35

After 40 hours, I didn't receive connects for winning an interview with my client **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can anyone help me out?

30c89044

Hello everyone. for the last two months I didn't receive monthly free connects. Also, I did not receive any connects for responding to interviews. So I would like to get some help. 

Wish you all the best of luck.

thank you

best regards.

youssefbahaa
Community Guru

Hi Hakan, 

Each month you should be receiving 10 Connects. When you submit a proposal for a job post and the client responds to you, you get 10 Connects because you succeeded in starting an interview.

The thing is that you don't get any connects when you get an invitation to an interview; So whether you responded or not you won't get connects in this case.

I hope this helps,

Youssef

egaruth

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with receiving Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

30c89044

thank you very much for the reply. 

petra_r
Community Guru

Hakan A wrote:

But what I meant is that someone invited me to the job and I respond to that. However, I did not get any free connectss

Unless you had originally applied (sent a proposal) you don't get any free connects. You don't get free connects for responding toclient-initiated invites.

You get the free connects (all 10 of them) on the first day of your billing cycle (NOT on the first day of the month) which you can find at the bottom of your memberships and connects page.

30c89044

Thank you Petra Smiley Happy