🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client gives a bad review
Page options
e87d1109
Community Member

Client gives a bad review

Greetings everyone,

I am new here to UpWork and accepted a contract that has now been ended at $5 an hour, just eager to have a contract. I had passed the interview and even then, the client seemed quite odd with the majority of his freelancers from non-English speaking countries and under $10 an hour. All his USA based workers were paid above this.

Long story short, the communication with him was short and brief; and then forwarded to Skype with another person. He then sent me to a final person to work with all through Skype.  Hours were to be tracked on Skype. Communication was only to be on Skype. And at the end of the week, the conversations were to be deleted. I spoke with the client about this and was told that they could not keep communication through UpWork or use that platform for payment. The contract has to be canceled.

I reached out to the person on UpWork and was met with some unprofessionalism. After reading on the community forum I was able to get paid for the few hours of work but the review was very poor and stated that I was in the wrong. My review for him was about 4 stars only warning people to make sure they know what's going on in the beginning, and determine what platform is being used.

Is it possible for this review to be removed? I still have evidence of the communication between us on Skype and on UpWork. 

Thank you for your help in this situation.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Luanettee,

We always encourage clients and freelancers to share their feedback about their experience. This feedback can't be removed; however, if your client would like to update the feedback they have shared, you can allow the client to make changes by clicking on the option to enable client to change feedback. 

You can also work on building your profile and earn a Top Rated badge. One of the perks of being a Top Rated freelancer is the ability to request for feedback removal. You can check this help article to learn more. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths