🐈
» Forums » Clients » Failed to understand billing and payment meth...
Page options
d3fc02d0
Community Member

Failed to understand billing and payment methods and Overcharged!

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and posted a fixed contract job for $300.

I hired a freelancer depositing 100$ into escrow. As I had to cancel this  job, I was initially charged $100, however, received $100 credit back and everything was good.

I hired a new freelancer for the same fixed contract job depositing $100 into Escrow.

The job was completed and i closed the job by paying $200 to the freelancer and expected that Escrow money will be released to the freelancer. However to my surprise,Escrow amount  was showing negative 100$! Subsequently, $100 was  taken from my account and to make matters worse, the freelancer never received the balance $100! 

The payment summary is as follows:

511$ - Debit 511 Credit

I fail to understand this nonsense and can somebody explain to me what the hell is going on here. 

For a 300$ project, i am paying 500$ plus the balance of 100$ to the freelancer, which makes it        600$ all up!

Thanks and Regards,

Mohan

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohan,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding this and one of our agents provided you with more information. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I have also been overcharged by Upwork. My freelancers have only been paid AUD$300 in total, yet I have $486.89 come off my credit card (Upwork -304118097REF Upwork.com/biIE).

Please help!!

Elle

Hi Elle,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths