🐈
» Forums » Clients » Mistakenly end contract
Page options
a81f65ba
Community Member

Mistakenly end contract

I mistakenly ended a contract without paying my freelancer and I get a message that my money has been refunded. I have not gotten an alert from my bank but escrow sends a message that the money has been refunded. Now the freelancer's upwork account in suspended and I can't rehire him to pay the money. Please how how can I get customer care email so that I can contact them to restore the guy's account. And how can I pay the guy immediately.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ubong:

A client has the ability to send a bonus payment - of any amount - to a freelancer that the client hired, even if the contract is closed.

There are different types of "sanctioned" statuses that an Upwork freelancer can experience. A "suspended" freelancer may still be able to receive a bonus payment. It can't hurt to try that.

If an Upwork freelancer has had their account terminated or their financial transactions blocked in a way that you can't pay a bonus to him, then this has nothing to do with you. If you try to pay a bonus to an Upwork freelancer, but their account can't receive it, then you have done what you can do, and you do not need to do anything further.

a81f65ba
Community Member

I mistakenly ended my contract without paying the freelancer. Unfortunately his account was suspended instantly so he can't withdraw the bonus I sent. Please can upwork lift the suspension on the guy's account? Why was his account suspended? It makes me feel so guilty please. Someone in upwork team should act please.

The freelancer needs to contact Upwork to lift the suspension.  Nothing you can do on your end (but honorable to try).  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ubong,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to address another user's account status or provide details here in the Community. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and further advise you regarding your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths