🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment Issue and Unsuccessful Hire on Upwork
Page options
d7d5e439
Community Member

Payment Issue and Unsuccessful Hire on Upwork

Hello Upwork Community,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm reaching out to this community in hopes of finding a solution to an issue I've encountered with a recent hire on Upwork. I initiated the hiring process for a freelancer through the platform, and the payment was successfully debited from my credit card.

However, despite the payment going through and receiving a notification that stated, "Sorry, we could not charge the billing method you selected, please try a different one," the funds have been deducted from my account. As a result, the freelancer I intended to hire is not listed in my "Hire" section, and I am unable to communicate with them or proceed with the project.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide to help me address this issue. 

If anyone in the community has experienced a similar situation or has advice on how to resolve this matter, please feel free to share your insights. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and saw that your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. You may need to contact them directly so they can check and assist you with the specific decline error.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
md_shohel99
Community Member

Unfortunately, your description of "Payment Issue and Unsuccessful Hire on Upwork" is too vague for me to understand the specific issue you're facing. To offer helpful assistance, I need more information about the situation.

Please provide details about the following:

Nature of the payment issue:

What exactly happened with the payment?
Did the freelancer receive payment?
Was your payment declined?
Did the funds get stuck in escrow?
Details of the unsuccessful hire:

Why was the hire unsuccessful?
Did the freelancer complete any work?
What were the reasons for the unsuccessful outcome?
Desired outcome:

What do you hope to achieve?
Do you want a refund?
Do you want to renegotiate the contract?
Do you want to report the freelancer?
By providing more context and specific information, I can understand your situation better and offer relevant advice or resources.

Additionally, if you've already contacted Upwork support about this issue, please share the details of your communication with them. This will help me understand the steps you've already taken and provide further assistance based on the current status.

Remember, the more information you provide, the better I can assist you in resolving your concerns.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths