🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund amount still not arrived in my local b...
Page options
hamza_ayaz
Community Member

Refund amount still not arrived in my local bank

Hi, 

I hired a freelancer and added $100 to the escrow account but then had to cancel the project and made a partial payment of $5 to save the freelancer's JSS score. I asked the freelancer to approve the refund request and he did, I also got the notification and it's also showing up on the financial transaction history page on my Upwork client account.

However, it's been 06 days and I still haven't gotten the funds back in my bank. How many days does it usually take for the funds to reflect in my bank?

Regards,

Muhammad.

7 REPLIES 7
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the refund was successfully processed on our end. Refunds usually take up to 5 business days to reflect on your bank account so if you still don't get the funds by tomorrow, please let us know by Tuesday so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Annie. Its Monday but the funds have still not been refunded to me. The funds should either be credited to my freelancer account or to my MasterCard that I used for the escrow account.

Please look into this matter and escalate the issue. Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, Nikola.

I went to my bank and talked to them about the issue. I gave them the ARN number and showed them the Refund transaction letter that was provided to me by Upwork but they said that they are not able to trace the funds with this. They instead asked for Swift Number to trace the funds.

Can you help me with that?

Thank you and best regards,

Muhammad.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To check the SWIFT Code, kindly read this article. I also followed up on your ticket so the agent handling your case can also assist you regarding this matter. Feel free to follow up with them if you have questions or need help with anything so we can keep everything in one place. You may access your open ticket here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Annie. Thank you for your reply. 

Unfortunately, the problem seems to be developing further for me. I now don't know whether the amount will be refunded to the account that I paid from with my MasterCard or refunded back to the bank account I have on my Freelancer account (which is different from the one I used for payment in the escrow as a client)?

Please guide. Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents just followed up with yo and shared additional information regarding your concern. If you have further questions or if you need further assistance feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. When everything is in one place we can be more efficient at assisting you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths