🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: upwork support stinks
Page options
58f1df19
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237

HI Saliya,

I wasn't able to see the offer you're referring to on my end. Can you click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of what you see so I can assist you further?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a47ede28
Community Member

Luiggi

I have the same issue!

Help me

I'm trying to hire someonbe but she keeps getting an error message message "client needs to add address", In the settings for address it says US but is grayed out. I updated email address just in case. NO SUPPORT from upwork (and I never use all caps). do you hear me upwork??

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Philip, 

I'm here to help, and I'm sorry to learn you've been unsuccessful in reaching out to our Customer Support Team. The team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the Help center chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive. However, we understand it can take a few tries sometimes and wanted to provide you with a tip to help: The Contact Support button will appear if the chatbot can't find you an answer after three attempts. After three responses from you, you’ll see the Contact Support button.

As for your concern, could you please go to your Settings page and update your address under "Company contacts" on this page? Please update your address by clicking on the edit icon here. Once everything is updated, please retry hiring the freelancer and let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a47ede28
Community Member

Hi Avery

Thank you for reaching out to me. I did manage to put my company's address, so hopefully the freelancer I want to hire will be able to accept my offer. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

a47ede28
Community Member

Hi Avery

Thank you for reaching out to me. I did manage to put my company's address, so hopefully the freelancer I want to hire will be able to accept my offer. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

Hello Avery,

I am having a similar problem. Trying to  accept a client's offer but this is the same error message: You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

Send help

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ozulu,

Could you please advise the client to update their address by going to Settings page and update their address under "Company contacts"? They can update the address by clicking on the edit icon here. Once everything is updated, they can retry hiring you and let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Hi,

I got the same error message (You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.)  when I try to accept an offer from my clinet. Please assist.

Hi Gihan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same issue here too

Hi Jocee

Thank you for your message. You will have to wait until the client adds their company information and address to their account. You can let the client know about the issue and request them to contact us directly in case they experience any issues so that we can assist them.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi-

The contractor I'm trying to hire is saying they are getting the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening and how do I fix it?

Thank you,

-Hannah

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah,

I checked and it does look like you need to add your address in Settings > My Info > Company contacts. Please have the freelancer try again after you've added your address and let us know if the issue persists.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello!

Also have a problem with accepting a task: "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so". The client says that he specified the address. Changing browser didn't help.

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your message. The client will need to update their company information before you accept the offer. Please request the client to update their company details and address on the company settings page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am facing this error while accepting the offer from the client,  You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

Hi Shahzad,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

I also facing the same issue.kindly fix it asap.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noor,

I have checked and it looks like the client will need to update their company information before you accept the offer. Please request the client to update their company details and address on the company settings page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

I also facing the same issue.

Screenshot 2022-07-25 170436.jpg

kindly fix it asap.

Hi Yuriy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have gotten this error all day long as well.  I sent the instructions to the client to complete the address on their profile as one of the solutions stated and still not working. HELP!

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having this error. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths