🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: You cannot join this team
Page options
58f1df19
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237

Hi Noor,

I have checked and it looks like the client will need to update their company information before you accept the offer. Please request the client to update their company details and address on the company settings page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

I also facing the same issue.

Screenshot 2022-07-25 170436.jpg

kindly fix it asap.

Hi Yuriy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have gotten this error all day long as well.  I sent the instructions to the client to complete the address on their profile as one of the solutions stated and still not working. HELP!

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having this error. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
anees69
Community Member

Inkedtempsnip_LI.jpg

Display error "you cannot Join this team until the client adds its complete address" why this is Happening

Hi Anees,

Please confirm with your client if they have provided their address in both Settings > My info and Settings > Tax information. If they have and the issue persists please have them contact support directly so we can help them. Please keep in mind we're not able to discuss any details of their account with you because of privacy reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork
anees69
Community Member

Is it appropriate for a freelancer to guide his client about what to do on behalf of UPWORK if this is a requirement why for hiring why UPWORK didn't ask Mr. CLIENT to do it in the 1st place before sending the offer?

I appreciate this feedback, Anees. I'll pass it on to the team for review, thank you for sharing.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

When I try to accept an offer, I see this message:

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

The client claims that he has completely filled out his profile. Can I get help with this situation?

Hi Aliaksei,

Could you share the client's name with me via PM (click on my name) so that I can check the details further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the exact same problem. The client has completed their profile.

Hi Ela,

If you're getting this error message it means your client needs to add their address in Settings > My info > Company contacts.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi there,

I'm facing exact problem, Client Claimed to have add their address

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

I keep getting this error message, but I put in my complete address, not sure how to solve the issue 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wolfgang,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Client has sent me the contract of the project, when I am accepting the offer so I am getting this error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." 

Can you please resolve this issue at earliest, so I can help to the client. 

Regards,

Shahzaib Raees

Hi Shahzaib,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
yang1989
Community Member

yang1989_0-1636513049802.png

My customer said that he has updated the information, but I still receive this error, could you please help me with that?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yang, 

I'm unable to identify the client that is trying to invite you to their team. Could you please send me a private message so that I can look into this further?

~ Avery
Upwork
yang1989
Community Member

Hi, Avery

Thank you for your reply, I attached a screen shot for you, does it work?

Yang 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, that will do. 

Thanks, Yang! I'll look into it.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi I am having the same issue. Can someone follow up please?

Hi Yunreszkhy,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to accept an offer. I checked and I would suggest reaching out to your client directly to request them to complete all company related information on their account including the address. Once done, you should be able to accept the offer.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I get this error when I try to accept a contract.

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client

How to solve this problem?

Hi Dmitro,

I have checked and it looks like you were able to accept the offer. I can also see that a milestone went smoothly and now waiting for the client to fund a new one. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi All,

When I tried to accept the offer from one of my clients, there is following message:
"You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."

My client is saying "I couldn't find the spot for the address".

How can I help him?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Navid,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork. I'm getting the same message on an urgent task. Can anybody help?

Hi Richard,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with joining the team. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello!

I've been trying to accept a job offer (using different browsers), but I keep getting this error. My client confirmed that they have the complete address. Could someone from the support team help?

Thanks in advance.

hey Tuba, I'm not from the support team, but I had the kinda same issue last week

finally, my client started a new job and I sent a request for that and she accepted me.

i know it can feel bad cuz i was afraid to lose the job since she got 17 other requests as well

Hello Michael, thank you for reaching out 🙂 I asked my client to resend the offer but it didn’t work again sadly. I don’t know how to send a request. Just the proposal.

Hi Tuba,

Your client should confirm they have added their address in their My Info and Tax Information pages. If they have and you're still experiencing issues, I would suggest they reach out to support directly so they can help with their account. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~Andrea
Upwork
9839622b
Community Member

This has been done yet, she is still unable to accept my offer.

Hi Lesly,

I can see you're currently chatting with our support team! Please continue to communicate with them as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

My latest new client is having the same problem.

skdezine
Community Member

Issue: "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."  My client added address though. Please help.

Hi Sarah.

Thank you for your message. It looks like your client has not added their complete address to their Upwork account. They will need to add a full address to their Upwork account before you accept the offer. Please share this direct link with your client to update the address on their Upwork account. You can try accepting the offer once the client has updated their address. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths