🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Can't accept offer from new client
Page options
58f1df19
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237

Hi, I'm having the same issue and my client says she already updated her address. I sent her where she has to fill with her address, she did but I still can't accept the offer.

Hi Alejandra,

Your client needs to include her address in Settings - My Info - Company contacts. If she's still experiencing issues after adding her address please advise her to contact support directly. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Can UW please, please clarify relevant language in the client UI so this problem doesn't continue to happen? I just went through it yesterday. Client sent offer, I got that message, I let the client know right away and he updated his address right away. I tried several more times over several more hours, thinking it was a lag in the system. Finally, I maneuvered my way past the support bot and got a live person via chat, who ultimately told me the client would have to contact support directly. He was sleeping by then (in Europe), so I sent message. By the time I got up this morning (in the US), he had resolved it and I was able to accept the offer. But we lost a chunk of a day, and had to dither around with the inconvenience. Clearly, it's a flaw in the instructions because lots of clients trip over it. Then we FLs have to work that much harder to make their UW experience a happy one that they want to repeat.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!

For the past week I have gotten the following error when trying to accept a new client's offer -

"You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."

The client tells me he has no idea what the problem is.

Hi Will,

Your client should confirm that he's added his address both in the My Info > Company Contacts and Tax Information sections of his Settings. If he has and the issue persists, please advise him to contact our support team directly so we can assist them with his account.

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Will,

Your client should confirm that he's added his address both in the My Info > Company Contacts and Tax Information sections of his Settings. If he has and the issue persists, please advise him to contact our support team directly so we can assist them with his account.

EUREKA! I think we may have glimmer of light here! Andrea, please confirm I understand you correctly: the client needs to add their address in two places: Company Contacts and Tax Information sections in their settings. If this is correct, then we can let our clients know and hopefully prevent their having to loop through CS.

Yes, Phyllis, this is correct!

The client will need to add their Company Contacts and Tax Information if this notification pops up. If it persists, they will need to be assisted further through a support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Andrea.

The client tells me he's already contacted Support and will now do so again.

While accepting the contract, I am getting an error, “You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so”

However, client has already completed the address section.

Hi Priyansh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jared_k
Community Member

I'm having this problem now too. So just to make sure, the client has to put his information in the "My Info" and "Tax Information" tabs of his profile?

Hi Jared,

Thank you for your message. Yes, the client needs to add his information to the My Info page to resolve this.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2f64baf2
Community Member

I made my account yesterday and I'm trying to hire a freelancer.  She just accepted a contract this morning with no problem and I'm trying to hire her but it keeps saying "You cannot join this team until client adds complete address.  Please wait until the client does so".  

My address is complete and correct, I've cleared the history and cache, and it keeps giving me that message.  Please help!! 

Hi Megan,

Could you please try going to Settings > Tax Information and adding your address there as well?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
richardcoda
Community Member

Come on man... this is crap. Get some decent programmers. This last update has sucked.

We appreciate the follow-up Richard,

I certainly understand your frustration and why you're upset. Rest assured that the team handling your case is taking action by escalating this to the appropriate team for further review. An update has been sent to you via email and through this support ticket. Please allow our team time to sort this out and please don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Client did not see anything wrong on their side. The client had to make a new offer. Ridiculous.

edf2e121
Community Member

When my freelancer tried to accept the job he got the following "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." Where do I go to fix this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
miketmarketing
Community Member

Hi,

I am about to work for my first client, however, they receive an error message when submitting me an offer.

They are receiving an error message of "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address."

They have tried to enter their home address and business address but still having the same problem. They have even tried adding a (.) at the end.

Please can I chat with someone to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Your client will need to complete the address before hiring you. Please advise them to go to Settings > My Info and fill out the address, city, and zip fields. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

They have tried that several times but still receiving the error message.

I would appreciate a little extra assistance if possible.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I checked the client's account and the address, city, and zip fields are empty. They need to fill out those fields before sending you an offer.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d_stebbins
Community Member

I'm trying to accept a project, that was supposed to be turned around quickly, but I'm getting the "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." error message. The client does not know what to do. Please help ASAP!

Isn't this the client's problem?

Not your problem?

Upwork has its ups and downs, but it has THE GREATEST phone support system ever put together. 

I call them often and tell them if my pencil rolls under my desk they are the folks I call.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I send the number to the client. Hopefully, he can work it out. 

Yup, I do that, too. I've given that number to quite a few clients or potential clients.

lysis10
Community Member

I got this error when trying to accept an offer:

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

I asked the client about it but I have no idea if it's a bug or he really needs to do something. It's an offer not a request to be a part of a team, so idk what is going on.

lysis10
Community Member

Can someone please help me with this. According to the Upwork stats page, basically everything was down including hiring.

This is the offer: View Offer (upwork.com)

This is the message room: Messages (upwork.com)

The client sent me a message showing an image of his tax data updated and it has a full address. I know you can't tell me anything about his account. I need to know if it's something still on his end or an Upwork error. Maybe the offer needs to be resent? Please help out. This is the error I am getting:

lysis10_0-1660825601685.png

Hi Jennifer,

In this case, they need to add their address in Settings > My Info > Company contacts.

~Andrea
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea. I will let him know. Thanks for answering!

3ddd8726
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.

when I try to accept the offer I am facing this issue. please help me how I accept the offer.

my client says his is its a my side error.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asia,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
93d40bd5
Community Member

The person I am trying to hire gets this message:

"You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."

On my end it says waiting for them to respond. 

Hi there,

Yes, you'll need to include your address in Settings > My info > Company contacts in order to be able to hire a freelancer.

~Andrea
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Upwork, you and I are about to lose this new client because I can't respond to his offer made four days ago.

What, exactly, does he need to do in order to get rid of the error message I'm seeing:

This happened to me a few months ago. It turned out the client needs to provide their address in two different places. I can't remember exact details, there's a thread about it somewhere. 

My info and Tax information section. They often forget the Tax information.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths