🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: You cannot join this team until the clien...
Page options
58f1df19
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237

Hi Ni,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please send me a private message with more information about the client so that I can check why they're receiving the error?

Please make sure that your client added all the details in the Settings > My info > Company contacts section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

same problem - Client says he can't hire me...

Hey Scott, How are you?

I am attempting to hire you on upwork but a error notification appears when I submit the hire approval. "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."

Something on your end needs to be done before I can send my hire approval.

Hi Scott,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alivic29
Community Member

I have this problem and clearing cache and cookies doesn't help. I have tried reaching out through chatbot and I am stuck in an endless loop of nothing.

Hi Victor-Antonio,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this. It looks like this is something that needs to be resolved on your client's end. Please, let them know they can reach out to us directly here or contact support and we'll be happy to help! 

~Andrea
Upwork
0be268cf
Community Member

Upwork should send an automatic email to the person that needs to update their address as it was quite difficult to figure out what was wrong. The person I was trying to hire found this Q&A which helped me fix the issue. Thanks 

Hi Pradeep,

I'm having the same issue, as I see the error when trying to accept an offer. I have asked the client to take the steps mentioned here to resolve the issue, but I'm worried that if this still does not resolve they might need direct assistance.

The client is relatively new on the platform, and experiencing this on their first hire.

Could you please assist? Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ahmed4050
Community Member

a client try to hire me as a freelancer and he gets the same message , can you please help

we have tried to clear cash soluation and changing browser , but same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

Looks like the client's account information is not completed. Could you please advise them to try completing their account information before they try to send you an offer?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9c629ebf
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm new to upwork. It seems I have the same issue here. I try to hire someone, but got the same message. 

I have already did the hiring procedure twice...I'm not sure I should do it a third time as I don't want to be debited everytime I try. Can someone help ? Thanks

Hi Daniel,

I checked and it looks like you were able to hire a freelancer today. Could you please confirm if you're referring to a different freelancer that you're experiencing this issue with?

~Andrea
Upwork
c686ba2d
Community Member

Hi,

I am currently having this problem and I have cleared cache and cookies and used a different brower. The free lancher said that she has completed her address. Please help...

Hi Latekia,

Are you trying to add a team member to your account? Could you please complete the Company's contact information and address in your settings here? Let us know if you continue experiencing the same issue afterward. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ecar888
Community Member

I am having the same issues when I tried to accept the offer. Hope someonce can assist me. 

ecar888_0-1646368339907.png

Hi Lorecar,

Thank you for your message. Could you please request the client to update their company details and address on the company settings page before you accept the offer?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
orit_venice_abeg
Community Member

Hi there!

need help I cant accept the offer from my client today. The message ''you cant join this team until s clients adds a complete address; I already clear cache and cookies. Please assist the offer will expires soon. Thanks 

Hi Venice,

Could you please request the client to update their company details and address on the company settings page before you accept the offer?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
f6e45f91
Community Member

Hi Team!

I Have the same issue when I tried to accept the offer. Please, help. 

"You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Mikhail,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I am having the same issue right now.

Client said they already updated their address. My offer is expering soon.

Thank you.

-Lynn

Hi Alvalyn,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

aa7d5859
Community Member

Can anyone help me I'm also experiencing this error now and can't accept the offer on my end Thanks

Hi Jeremiah,

Could you please request the client to update their company details and address on the company settings page before you accept the offer?

~ AJ
Upwork

Or, maybe Upwork should improve the UI to collect this info so it doesn't slow us down when we go to award our first contract. Clearly the UI is creating plenty of tickets. 

d0292c04
Community Member

What address specially are you wanting me to provide?

Hi Serena,

You'll need to add your physical address where you're conducting your work from.

~Andrea
Upwork
1d4a5f60
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am also having the same issue yet my employer is telling me that they have completed the address section. I would really appreciate some help on this. 

Thanks so much! 

Hi Brenna,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with accepting the offer. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e97713d5
Community Member

I am trying to hire a freelancer and she is getting this message.  My address is filled out.  Please help.

Hi Al,

Could you please complete the Company's contact information and address in your settings here? Let us know if you continue experiencing the same issue afterward. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5fe8f52f
Community Member

Where can I go to fix this?

Hi Brian,

Could you please log into your account and kindly go to your settings and update your company's contact details? If the issue persists after completing this step, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
fe53a0f6
Community Member

I've seen this problem on my last two contracts. Why is it incumbent upon me as the freelancer to report this error to the client?

Simple solution: clients should not be able to submit a job without first submitting their address. Easy. Done. Upwork, please make this change. 

78d5a4f2
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to accept an offer and I keep getting this error 'You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.' I told the client to update the contact following the recommendation from the previous posts (Settings > My Info > Company contacts > and your full address.) The client informed me that everything is in order.

I have waited 12 hours and have not gotten a response to the submitted ticked. Kindly help to look into this. Thanks

de9ca108
Community Member

Hey upwork support,

I am facing this problem too my client is saying he filled out all the details and he got the payment method verified badge

but when I try to accept his offer.. it's saying You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Please tell me how can I assist this problem waiting for reply

Kind Regards : )

Hi Fahad,

Thank you for your message. Your client will need to update the full address on their account before you can accept the offer.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
webdom-mahendra
Community Member

Hello there, 

I am also facing the same issue with accepting the offer from one of my clinet, I aked them to add their physical address (guided in this thread) and my employer have completed the address section but the issue is still persist.

I would really appreciate some help on this as it became frustrating when you work hard to get the new job and at the end not able to accept the offer 😞

Please help me with this ..

Thanks so much! 

Hi Mahendra,

Thank you for your message. It looks like the address is still not updated on the client's account. This issue will be automatically resolved as soon as the address is updated.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths