🐈
Page options
lordrouter
Community Member

Client verification

Hello, I want to ask the team and the admin of this platform if there is a method one could use to verify anyone who just sent messages requesting a service,
How can we verify if this client is true? because the payment method is marked verified but has fewer jobs posted and a lower hire rate.
i also want the team to help me verify the user 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

i want to know if this client is true and should be trusted as it would help me to continue the conversation.
1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Peter,

While we can't exactly tell you whether a client is trustworthy, there are some general guidelines you should keep in mind when interacting with clients on the platform. 

In general, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. A client suggesting taking communication outside of Upwork before a contract begins is a typical red flag for possible scams. If you engage in this, you may open yourself up to scams or fraud and lose Upwork Payment Protection.

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork