🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Customer Service & Admin Support guidance
Page options
5a24222d
Community Member

Customer Service & Admin Support guidance

Hi Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals,

Though I am brand new here, I have a proven track record of outstanding customer service and admin support experience. Most of you here are well experienced in upwork Customer Service & Admin Support I suppose. Congrats for your great work.

Could anyone please guide or advice me about how customer service and admin support works in Upwork platform? How to get noticed by clients? Though my profile is 100% complete and I tried to follow all the guidlines of Upwork, I am not able to get my first job even after spending many connects.

Please I need your support.

7 REPLIES 7
2dacf517
Community Member

We need Verified next to our name 

We need Job success under our name 

Verifications Id: needs to show Verified

With these in place clients would be more likely to approach us ?? 

Proposals: Learn how to stand out in proposals

Register an Agency and client account to stand out in searches

Increase your rate, the higher the price the better the quality work

2c0176f8
Community Member

Hey Rani,

1) While searching for jobs - use filters, this would enable you to narrow down on clients that are looking for up workers like you.

For example - In your profile, I see you have experience as a medical transcriptionist. So If I were you, to get my first job, the filter would be as seen in screenshot.

2c0176f8_0-1699028686132.png

2) While writing a proposal, make sure that you use client's pain points and convert them into your expertise by providing a solution...

For example - If a client has mentioned " familiarity with medical terminology" then mention it as your expertise...

3) As a beginner, try to get one small project even if it is small payment, take it, give everything to it and make sure that you get a 5 star review from the client.

4) While writing proposal, if you can make a video or send a voice note describing how you can help that client, then, your proposal will stand out..

Let me know if you need more guidance and I will help you.. 

Wishing you Success ✌️

Regards,

Sumesh

this is very helpful thank you!

Thanks a lot Sumesh. Nice solution. Yes, need more help. If we can discuss in message it would be great.

Thanks again for your willingness to support.

2c65e059
Community Member

I am from Kazakhstan, and it took me around six months and about 170 connects to find my first client. Regrettably, my first client didn't leave a review for my work, and I earned just $21. Now, I have several clients for website maintenance. I recommend that you try sending more proposals and don't give up.

5a24222d
Community Member

Nice to know Konstantin, that's really encouraging.

5a24222d
Community Member

I have a question, is it necessary to upgrade for getting job?