🐈
Page options
e86fd31c
Community Member

Scam Jobs

Hi all,

just wanted to share my experience so far... too many scam jobs asking to contact out of Upwork. How do you hadle this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi Srdjan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback and concerns. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts, and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety. Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing users' feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about the team's initiatives.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
e86fd31c
Community Member

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your note. Company removed the add as soon as I requested to keep communication via Upwork, so I was not able to click on flag anymore. They removed it literally in a second. I then replied via message I received. I hope you have received my report.

Regards,

Srdjan

rmurray14
Community Member

Regrettably, Upwork has seen an increase in scam activity. Recognizing these scams requires a discerning eye due to their sophistication. As a precaution, avoid applying for jobs with unverified payments and exercise caution with postings containing unusual wording or vague descriptions. Stay cautious of positions seemingly tailored for new users. Navigating the platform and becoming familiar with its nuances is essential to spotting potential scams early on.

Sounds like ChatGPT helped you draft this text! You can do better, Rita!

5ff09cfc
Community Member

I have also noticed this as a new freelancer to Upwork.  I have requested that communication stay on Upwork, at least until the job details have been worked out and agreed upon.  I hope they are able to do something about this, it is hard when first getting started to have so much spam.  It can be very discouraging.