🐈
» Academy » Attend an Event » Events » Talent Huddle: Celebrating and Defining Hispa...
Page options
Huddle
Friday, October 14th, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PDT
Talent Huddle: Celebrating and Defining Hispanic Community

With the launch of Upwork Global Hispanic & Latinx Community group, we’re committed to supporting Upwork Talent community and are excited to invite you to Upwork Talent Huddle: Celebrating and Defining Hispanic Community

Join our group guides Flo Favarel, Communication Design Expert, Marcela Colimodio, Upwork Virtual Assistant, and Maria Paz, Program Coordinator for Upwork Talent Huddle: Celebrating and Defining Hispanic Community, on Friday, October 14

Upwork Talent Huddle: Celebrating and Defining Hispanic Community

Date & Time: Friday, October 14, at 12:00 PM CST

Language: Spanish

Meet the Host and the Speakers:

Flo Favarel, a communication design expert helping people to deliver their messages, engage their audience, and get results. To do so, I combine my experience and knowledge in Business, Design, and Communications. I've been freelancing on Upwork for six years, allowing me to grow in my profession, learn and connect with amazing people and companies of all sizes. From the most innovative startups to well-established multinational Companies (F500). I'm an Upwork Top rated plus and Expert Vetted freelancer.

Maria Paz Salgado, a Program Coordinator for the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Team. In 2020, and with Covid at its highest, I had to quit my job in the hospitality industry and decided to make a drastic change in my career. At that time, working remotely was something totally unheard of in Chile. And as an extrovert, I simply couldn’t imagine working with people that I could only interact with through a computer screen.
 And yet, I took the leap… It’s been 2 years since I started working as a Freelancer for Upwork, and I can say without a doubt that working here has completely changed my life, and the way I think about my professional career. Today, I can proudly say that I’m Top Rated Plus with 100% Job Success! Upwork’s mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. And that’s exactly what it gave me.

Marcela Colimodio, a Virtual Assistant to Erin Thomas and the DIBs team. I started working as a virtual executive assistant when zoom was not even a thing! The challenge of connecting remotely with my team comes naturally to me. I love the fact that my work helps my leaders to have a smooth running of their days, at least calendar-wise, so they can focus on making decisions instead of juggling calendars to find time to meet with people throughout the day. Many times we can give support in several projects, plan events, and so many other important administrative tasks. And the funny part of this is that we do it all in 8 hours or less. But what I love the most is that I am working in a Company that takes good care of its Talent, making the mission statement a fact, not just a group of nice words written on a website.

Disclaimer: A Talent Huddle is an independently hosted meetup, and not an official Upwork event. Upwork does not sponsor the event and is not legally responsible for any activities related to events hosted by third parties. Upwork does not collect any compensation or charge any fees to attend the Talent Huddle. We do not endorse any independent organizer or unofficial events. This event may be recorded and by attending you agree that your comments, photo, and video may appear in recordings and be used in marketing materials.

Event details
Virtual event
Free
Event ended a long time ago
Spanish
Hosted by: Tatiana M
Meet Our Hosts and Speakers