🐈
» Forums » Support » Add a certification to your profile using Cre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Add a certification to your profile using Credly: Questions and Feedback

We’re excited to announce a new way to add a certification to your profile. Upwork is partnering with Credly, a leading digital credential platform, to expand the number and breadth of certifications that can be verified on Upwork. Learn more in the announcement and leave any questions or feedback in the comments below.

Cheers,
Mike
41 REPLIES 41
5ceef239
Community Member

Hi there: I am not seeing the Credly option.  Am I looking in the right place?

Hi Yousaf,

We're having a gradual rollout for this integration, so you may not see it yet. Soon it will become available to all freelancers!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria: thank you for the speedy request, Any way I can have it included as soon as possible to my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/yousafy3

fkupwork
Community Member

I see that Credly is getting acquired by Pearson?

So, what does this partnership looks like?

Instead of bringing in a third party, why don't UpWork create its own academy and promote a certification process? Certified by UpWork type thing. 

The long-gone exam stats like Top 10% and so on helped. Why not bring a comprehensive certifications path this time?

I'm sure we have the talent and resources to shape these courses?

It will be an awesome long term Content Marketing for UpWork too where UpWork will be empowering the community in this way.

What are your thoughts about this?

Sahan (Unofficial Nickname)

Because it would just be another cert from another 3rd party.

I am having this issue right now with my clients and FB. Facebook recognizes its own certification from buyers: Facebook Blueprint. They do not recognize any other certification...period. Udemy, Skillshare, etc....are NOT recognized by FB as an official, licensed program....they only recognize their own first party exam and certification process. It's sad because I deal with people all day who were certified by these 3rd party "schools" where they learned incorrect skills and wonder why their buys are bad or producing poor results. Then I come along and say, the approved process is xyz....and they have the nerve to say I am wrong. I get it, they get swindled for thousands where I charge $9.99 an hour, so they have buyers remorse. 

5ceef239
Community Member

Hi Team,

I have two Credly certifications I would like linked but it's not showing up on my profile when I try to add.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yousaf, 

To import your Credly credentials into your Upwork profile, follow the steps below: 

1. Go to Find Work    Profile
  2. Scroll down to the Certifications section and choose the Import from Credly button
  3. Log in to Credly
  4. When prompted to choose whether Upwork can access your Credly account, choose Allow Access
  5. Choose the credentials you want to import

Let us know if you'll need further help!

~ Avery
Upwork
5ceef239
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for helping me. Please see my profile screenshots, I followed the instructions but did not see Import for Credly button anywhere in the Certifications section.

Here is my profile for reference: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/yousafy3

Hi Yousaf,

Unfortunately, we aren't able to fast-track user to access this feature. However, we're planning to make it available for all as soon as possible. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you Valeria!  

I think my question is I am looking in the right place though, yes?

Yes! Once it's available on your account, you'll be able to find this option is the Certifications section of your profile. You'll then see "Import from Credly" button there. You'd be prompted to log into your Credly account and choose the credentials you want to import.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you Valeria for your kind message or comment on this. Actually the question is how can do make certification showed on creadly account, It's not about upwork. We all know about upwork verywell, but the credly is new for us i guess, so regarding certification. What are the main steps of credly to make certificate of adobe creative suit on it, so can import in upwork. 

Thamks

Sorry about the delayed response, Arsalan. If you have any questions specifically about using Credly can getting certified, you may want to check out their site for more information. This article is a good place to get started.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello valeria, i have a credly authorized badge and i am trying to import to upwork but it is showing failure to import. please what can be doneScreenshot (64).png

Hi Olajesu and others,

I'd like to bring your attention that we currently have a known issue with Credly integration. Here is the thread with the reports we've been getting. We and our Product team will be providing updates on that thread about the issue. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
nidsingh
Community Member

HI

we need connect for import from Credly please let me know

jr-translation
Community Member

Does that mean people claiming to be ATA certified have to provide proof in order to be listed as ATA certified in the future?

Jennifer and Olga,

If a freelancer has certifications that are not issued by Credly, they will not be able to add them via the Credly import feature. Instead, they will still be able to add them to their Upwork profile through the already available manual option. Upwork is partnering with Credly to provide professionals with this option and to simplify and speed up the process of adding certifications.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I would much rather see UW doing something about dramatic amount of scams appearing as "jobs" in recent weeks than finding ways to further water down coherence of the platform. Sorry, not convinced.

crart
Community Member

Useless for me. None of my certifications can be proven by Credly. Why implement something that exludes some people? Why not do it on your own? Is UW so lacking employees with approproate qualifications that it must colaborate with third party services? Makes me wonder where exactly the fees I pay go, to which pocket...

estherdestiny
Community Member

Hello Mike,

How do we find out what schools will be using Credly?

Thank you!

Ann Gray

Hi Ann,

I suggest contacting Credly for more information on this.

Cheers,
Mike
saivineeth100
Community Member

I am happy that you add this feture,
I just to want recommend to add certifications from Coursera also

Coursera is also leading platform that has partnered with universities and companies like Google, IBM,Facebook

pgiambalvo
Community Member

I kind of don't get it. Why would being certified on Credly help me get jobs here?

Same question?

cd9b1ca3
Community Member

Hi Mike

Partnering with Credly is a great initiative. It would be great if you partner with Coursera also.

Thanks

coachcohen
Community Member

Hi, I signed up to use Credly and one certification I am trying to get (APA 7 Trained) sends me to another platform called Infobase to complete it. However, Infobase is not free and is it not simple to purchase a subscription. Please advise on how I can obtain this certification or if it will be more readily available in the future.

arsalanodesk
Community Member

I have sign up on credly and made profile, Linked of my linked-in account, So there is not a option to download certificate or I did'nt found any button there, Please let me know the process? Thanks Arsalan Anwar
[Live] Add a certification to your profile using Credly 

Hi Arsalan,

To import your Credly credentials into your Upwork profile, follow the steps below: 

1. Go to Find Work    Profile
  2. Scroll down to the Certifications section and choose the Import from Credly button
  3. Log in to Credly
  4. When prompted to choose whether Upwork can access your Credly account, choose Allow Access
  5. Choose the credentials you want to import

Cheers,
Mike

Hello Mike, How are you doing? Long time ago, Huh.. So my question is regarding the credly not for upwork. I understand the upwork features well enough. But the problem is how do i make or add certificate into my credly account? Also what platforms certification list do allow of credly or upwork? Huh.

numbsain
Community Member

Hi Mike and readers, I am  a logo and brand designer almost exclusively. I have completed around 250 jobs on upwork 90% of which were logo designs. (And hundreds before Upwork as and agency art director.) Since logo design is not like data entry  and 75% creativity, how does credly certify these abilities?

I took the logo design test back when we had tests and was very  surprised to see that it had almost nothing to do with the skills required for logo design. It was about tool usage and  how to perform simple mechanical operations, and  no mention of developing concepts or even color usage appropriate to certain industries, creating balanced artwork that looks good at small sizes  or in black and white. It didn't cover any of the important skills of logo design.

And It was divided about half and half between Adobe Illustrator and  CorelDraw, a program I have never used and I know very few who do use it. Yet I passed the test with a pretty high score anyway! So at that point in time it seemed there was no test sophisticated enough to certify ones abilty to do logo design. Do you know if anything has changed?

It would take a true expert logo designer to write such a test. It would cover things like:

1. What are the three main functions of the logo in a brand?
2. What 10 questions would you ask to understand a clients needs?
3. How would you explain why there is a limit to the number of revisions in a fixed  price job?
4. Why is logo design not appropriate for hourly billing?
5. Why should a logo design always be done in vectors?
And many more. I have answers to all these questions but the takers answers would have to be interpreted by an expert because they are not yes/no or multiple choice questions. (I could write this test and grade the tests as well)

It may be that it is a skill that can't really be tested for effectively because it requires too much sophistication and time.

Do you have some thoughts about that or know of an article discussing the subject?

The pre-fab questions Upwork offers to clients to ask freelancers when writing proposals for logo design projects don't seem to understand what would be useful information in choosing a freelancer and some of the questions are downright unanswerable like, "Where do you get your inspiration from?" The actual answer to that would not even be understood by someone who is not a commercial artist! Where does a plumber get his inspiration? Or "Describe your recent experience with a job similar to this one?" ...it went well? Or usually I want to see "after I know something about this one i might be able to compare it to a previous one" haha! But when the proposal says "Need a logo design." What do you say? "My last logo design client needed a logo design too, just like you do!" See what I mean?

(The question in bold above is what i'm hoping for an answer to but I would appreciate anyone's thoughts about what I've written here.

lfernigrini
Community Member

Hi, I tried several times to import certifications from Credly but keep receiving the following error:

lfernigrini_0-1657067813028.png

If I go to credly in the same broser it says I am already logged and shows the badges with no problem:

lfernigrini_1-1657067871459.png

I've seen some other people had the same issue on other topics and someone from support opened a support ticket for them. Can someone do that for me?

Hi Lisandro,

While we did have a bug that was causing a similar error, it was resolved a few weeks ago. Currently, this error may be caused by temporary connection issues with the site and I'd recommend re-trying again using a different browser. Let us know if the error persists despite switching to a different browser.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It did not work on Firefox (work and home computers) but worked with Chrome, thanks!

7324f7be
Community Member

I created an account on credly.com. But I haven't known how to get certificate from it yet. Please can you help me?

dbb82bb8
Community Member

Hi,
I'm looking for a Credly Certificate for growup my profile, highly requesting to your honor to help me the circumstances and oblige me thereby.
Best regards.

bce09b5f
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I just wanted to know that I have earned certificates from skillshare. Can I share my certificates from skillshare to upwork as I have already one certificate from coursera of Google UIUX Design. Are certificates from skillshare valid on upwork? 

Xam

Hi Salman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We do offer Upwork Skill Certifications in several categories, on an invitation basis. If we invite you to go through the skills certification process, you have the option to complete a skills assessment. If you earn an Upwork Skill Certification, we’ll share that on your profile.

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Completing a skill certification in your primary field is required before applying to our Talent Scout program.

~ Arjay
Upwork
470cae1d
Community Member

Hello, 

I have waited to get my profile verification in order to get new jobs, can you please verify my profile? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths