🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Avalanche of new job posts in the wrong secti...
Page options
tmcdos
Community Member

Avalanche of new job posts in the wrong section and with totally wrong tags/skills

Recently I see more and more job posts which are obviously posted in the wrong category and even more obviously - tagged with totally wrong skills.

For example - a job post with title "Need a virtual assistant" and body like

I am looking for a diligent person with skills in customer service and execution of administrative tasks. 
The role also requires problem-solving skills.
Ideal Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, intermediate level of English proficiency required.
- Familiarity with administrative roles and functions.
- Ability to offer attentive and effective customer service.
- Tenacious problem solver.
Responsibilities:
- Answer customer service queries.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary.
- Locate and rectify problems.

is posted in the category Front-End development with these tags/skills:

MySQL, PHP, Yii, Laravel, Vue.js, Web Application, JavaScript, HTML, CSS 3, Git, 
Unified Modeling Language, OpenLayers, Database Design, Google Maps API

The job is written in Spanish (translation to English is mine) and the client is shown as being from United Kingdom. Usually jobs in Spanish are posted by clients from a Spanish-speaking country - or perhaps USA but probably not UK. Seems like a bot because the category is totally wrong and the skills too. And I see an increasing number of such wrong job posts. The last week I saw more than 2 dozens of posts by an Irish client about data-entry freelancers, and before that there were often job posts (again in the "Front-End development" category) looking for "OF chatter" (no idea what is this).

18 REPLIES 18
NikolaS

Hi Ivaylo,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
motoyen
Community Member

OF chatter is they are looking for someone to interact with clients for an only fans account. These bots are posting hundreds of fake jobs everyday but Upworkd doesn't care because they are making money from all the ignorant freelancers spending connects to bid on these jobs. 

tmcdos
Community Member

I am flagging these posts as soon as I see them in the RSS feed. And yet they don't stop - everyday I see dozens of them.

If it is so easy to post jobs on Upwork without being verified who you are and whether you're even human - freelancers will stop looking at the posts and soon later clients (I mean REAL clients) will stop posting REAL jobs, they will simply find other channels for reaching freelancers. Very stupid.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

tmcdos
Community Member

The job posts rapidly change their content:

This is what I see when I click on the link:

Removing the screenshots from the post will not cure the problem - just hide it under the carpet, before too many people notice.

No screenshots - no problems. It is forum policy. 😁

I get the feeling it's not just forum policy but the true company culture - hiding the truth and blatantly ignoring the reality. I understand that personal details should not be posted publicly - but we are talking about job posts here. Whatever was on the screenshots was publicly visible on the Upwork website - just like on this screenshot:

shot-1.png

Are you saying that job posts that we see on the main page at Upwork are supposed to be a secret ???

Or you are more concerned about too many freelancers noticing the fact that Upwork is struggling in the war with bots ?

And might be possible AI integration generated job post to get connects

My RSS feed is totally useless at the moment. I mean - totally.

shot-1.png

And half of them scam

More than half - 34 out of 48 are pure scam / spam (70%)

Its a crazy. 😮

Most ot that jobs is scam. My feed also contain many scam but an half, not so much.

I have to make browser extensions which remove spam job from Upwork (tool with subscription 😛😁) that can generate revenue 

Enterprise clients in the feed appear with 0$ spent and when you open the job post details you see the enterprise icon. Either a precaution or a bug...

So how they get badge of Enterprise? $1M+ spend usually I seen as enterprise client 

This is what I see in the feed: 

IMG_7208.jpeg

 and this is what I see when I open the post:

IMG_7209.jpeg

Maybe it is because it doesn't cost any connects to apply for an enterprise project that it appears unattractive with wrong data in the feed...

Ohh strange 😱

I seen one job yesterday which is featured and without client location !!IMG_8759.png

axentrix
Community Member

Yes,  but meanwhile, my feed has been promoting another fresh new trend since Friday: there are no "payment unverified" jobs anymore, all are verified and apparently legitimate. They all show that the "client" has spent at least 2-3K (usually around 7K or more) on the platform BUT! ta-daaa: they don't have a single review and all their previous jobs are hidden. 
Oh, and there is that one job post to which I sent a proposal a few hours ago, but I am so lucky to have the chance to send a new proposal to that same job post! The information about the client and his activity is different when viewed from different parts of the Upwork's app. I wish I could send some screenshots but, smart enough, that is not possible.

The conclusion: we are all guinea pigs endlessly running in the wheel of fortune 

agree and I mark that too...0 review is shown and no history of previous job 

And another thing I observed is when I filter by payment verified and $5K job and hourly rate all client are without review I didn't found single enterprise client why? And without filter I can see star rated job post perfectly with client's history🤔 strange

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members