🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need help. I can't add a payment method. Na...
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Duygu,

Your payment method is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
darentc
Community Member

Hi Team,

Need some help! Related to Beneficiary name mismatch issue as my surname is Cabañes where Upwork doesn't take 'ñ', only 'n'.

Kindly help to enable my newly added bank for the account ending in **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Similar ticket: Request #33623291

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Daren,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
darentc
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Confirmed! Thanks a lot for your quick help! 🙂

isakhanovx
Community Member

Hi all! I got an error about mismatch , but there is not any
(my name on card and account name is the same - Khayal Isakhanov)

My real name have Ə , so I use "Khayal" instead. (it is same on bank cards, but not on ID card).
What should I do?
The error text:

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. 

Hi Khayal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you Nikola!

ruthcisneros
Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing same thing. I actually opened my upwork account with my nickname but recently updated it while trying to add a bank account, but this issue still persists. Keeps saying name mismatch, I've triple checked and everything matches.  Can you help?

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1d0acd34
Community Member

Hi Nikola 

Could you please help me with a similar situation, my card name Lucija Zgela is not the same as my account name Lucija Žgela because I can not write the real letter Ž so now it stops me to get paid. 

Thank you, 

Lucija

Hi Lucija,

I would be happy to help. I checked your profile but I could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please share a screenshot of the error you experience on your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

I would like to clarify that the option to withdraw your funds will become available once funds become available in your account balance. You may want to check this help article to help you find a detailed explanation of how getting paid for Hourly Contracts works. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
solomancode
Community Member

My name is

Mohamed Adel

The name on my bank account card is

Mohamed Adel

I used the account to recieve funds before, Now it's on hold:

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

It clearly is not, The name is matching, I don't understand what is wrong ?

you should contact support to correct your name matching with your bank account.

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

It's almost a week now and my issue isn't resolved, I'm unable to request a payment due to this issue ?

Hi Mohamed, 

The name mismatch on your account has already been cleared. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a74fa52c
Community Member

Hi,

Legally, I have a double-barreled surname, but I've only ever used the first part of it. Naturally, I registered my bank account using that shortened name. Passports, of course, display a full legal name, so there is a mismatch. I can't make withdrawals from Upwork because of this discrepancy. 

What should I do in this situation?

Thanks,

Jack

You have to correct your bank account name. or contact support to correct your Upwork account name.

Hi Jude, thank you for your response.

How do I contact support? I've only been able to find automated responses.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack,

I can see you added your payment method today. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch.

~Andrea
Upwork
dejanmarich
Community Member

I can't find on support how to submit a ticket. Recently started my own "agency/company" and wanted to add my bank account to "get paid" section, but I keep getting verification errors because name is mismatched. In the support pages I found info that I need to send some proof of company's ownership and account number, but how and where, because I can not opet the support ticket? 

Thanks

Hi Dejan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
db671af1
Community Member

Hello,

I've sent my bank account to Upwork, but I'm getting a warning that it doesn't match your name. My name is "Batuhan Üstün" and Upwork allows me to write my name exactly "Batuhan Ustun". It also appears in my bank account as "Batuhan Üstün". Although the days have passed, there has been no return to my side. I also couldn't find anywhere on upwork where I could send an email to support. Also i cant find any solution or starting to live chat by get support button on right corner. I can't contact Upwork. What should I do in this case?

Thanks

Hi Batuhan,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
butterflyflies
Community Member

Hi, I also have the same problem; I was trying to set up my payment method and I'm met with this message - "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi, I was trying to set up my payment method and I'm met with this message - "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi Murital,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
1fb71205
Community Member

Hi there, I just want to ask how to fix this issue?

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I'm just using the same name so I'm just wondering why this happened. 

Thanks in advance.

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. I've tried to add a new method but got the same error. Thanks.
viszkoktamas_0-1642495881057.png

Hi Matthew and Tamas, 

Your payment methods are now updated and you can withdraw your funds, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for the fast action to resolved this issue. 

[SOLVED] Thanks guys, just received confirmation that my bank account was approved!

Hi Upwork, and community.
I have precisely the same problem. I've been using the same bank account since I opened my Upwork account five years ago. I haven't changed anything, but suddenly I got this notification too.
My Upwork account name and bank account name match.
Tried contacting support agent on the chat, but I got no response. Can you help?

7d0c0664
Community Member

Hi, I created an account on upworks using my registered company name and entered company bank account information as well in the payment section, getting an error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." not sure where is the problem? Thanks

Hi Fairland,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
48dd13e2
Community Member

Hi,
I am having a problem with the name mismatch and I cannot withdraw my money. My legal name is Stanislav, but my profile name is Sten which is a common name variation like Bill/William, Margaret/Peggy, Jim/James, Chuck/Charles, etc. Everyone including my clients knows me as Sten. I use my formal longer name only in the bank.
When I was verifying my account and showing my ID, the Upwork team member said that there is no problem of using my shorter version of the name on my profile, so I guess I need a manually name verification from the support team.
Can you please help me in resolving this issue?

Hi Sten,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared!

~Andrea
Upwork
48dd13e2
Community Member

Thank you very much for the quick action! I appreciate your help!

05cb363d
Community Member

Hello, 

I face issue with payment as below :

1 - "Payment method verification in progress

Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

First letter of my last name is "Ö". I can't use it in upwork. My bank account use "Ö". Also I can't enter "Ö"  in upwork payment info. I added "O" both of them but I can't solve problem. I can't access the support team. 

2- I ended two contract successfully. Last one was 10 days ago. It was't added my balance. Client wrote review, any problem but  ? Any suggestion ?

Regards

Hi Serdar,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.
Regarding your earnings, you can go to your Reports > Overview to check on their status.

~Andrea
Upwork
sahilsharma32
Community Member

Hi Upwork community, I have the same problem with my account The beneficiary name is mismatched, but my profile is ID verified already, can you please help me?
Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths