🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » By mistake I have sent money to old wise acco...
Page options
irfanullah-khan
Community Member

By mistake I have sent money to old wise account

Hello All. I have sent funds to old USD account later I realised that they changed the account number. It has been 7 days. I haven't received the amount in my wise nor refunded in my Upwork account. What will happen in this case. Kindly guide me

13 REPLIES 13
LuiggiR

Hello Irfanullah,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused you. I see that the withdrawal was initiated on Feb 12. I want to clarify that once the withdrawal is initiated, we can't cancel it. If there are any issues with your bank account, the funds should be returned to your Upwork account after eight business days. Please let us know if the funds are still not reflected in your account after that time so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Yes I haven't received the payment I mean the refund in my Upwork until now

I will be happy if you initiate the trace. 

I am waiting for your kind reply. Please initiate the trace

c3288498
Community Member

In a situation where you've sent funds to an old USD account and later realized that the account number had changed, several steps can be taken to resolve the issue. Here's a guide on what you can do:

• Contact Your Bank: Reach out to your bank as soon as possible and explain the situation. Provide them with all the relevant details, including the date and amount of the transaction, the old account number, and any other information they may require. They may be able to assist you in tracking the funds and initiating a recall or reversal process.

• Contact Wise (formerly TransferWise): If you used Wise to make the transfer, contact their customer support team and explain the situation. Provide them with details of the transaction, including the recipient's old account number, and ask if they can assist you in redirecting the funds to the correct account or initiating a refund.

• Follow Up with Upwork: Since you made the payment through Upwork, it's essential to keep them informed about the situation. Reach out to Upwork's support team and explain what happened. Provide them with any relevant documentation or correspondence related to the transaction. They may be able to provide assistance or guidance on how to proceed.

• Be Patient and Persistent: Resolving issues with fund transfers can take time, so it's essential to remain patient and persistent in following up with all parties involved. Continue to communicate regularly with your bank, Wise, and Upwork to track the progress of your inquiry and ensure that steps are being taken to resolve the issue.

• Consider Legal Options: If you're unable to resolve the issue through standard channels, you may need to consider seeking legal advice or assistance. Depending on the circumstances, you may have legal recourse to recover the funds or seek compensation for any losses incurred.

I have contacted wise. And they said we are not monitoring our accounts any more. They referred some third party. I have contacted but there is no reply from their side.

He pasted that generic and useless response from some AI.

As mod said you need to wait 8 business days before they (Upwork) will do anything to look into where the money at.

45b68e3f
Community Member

Hello Irfan,

Did you get your money back ?

Yes. I got the refund on Upwork. Thanks

marylourdzanne
Community Member

Hello Irfan. Did you get your money back? I accidentally sent mine to my old Wise account last week.

Yes. I got the refund on my upwork. Thanks

The same things are happening to me. Did you get a refund automatically? or should I contact wise to refund the funds? please tell me your process then it would be helpful for me.

vlmaducdoc
Community Member

Hi Ifran, very same thing happened to me. May I know what actions steps did you take? Did you contact upwork for it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members