🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client account got suspended
Page options
ran88
Community Member

Client account got suspended

While I was working yesterday, my Upwork tracker stopped and there’s a notification that “my contract is put on hold. Upwork is investigating an
issue. Do not work with this client until it is active again”. And this is due to a client payment issue.

I’ve been working with this client for more than 2 yrs. I would like to know if I still get paid for the hours that I worked before the contract was put on hold.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Russell,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your contract. All logged hours before the contract hold will be paid to you if they qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Russell,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your contract. All logged hours before the contract hold will be paid to you if they qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

hello ,

Im Facing the same issue . kindly tell me what I have to do to get my payment .

petra_r
Community Member

Habib R wrote:

hello ,

Im Facing the same issue . kindly tell me what I have to do to get my payment .

Is it an hourly contract? Did you track your hours, using the Upwork tracker, included meaningful memos which clearly described what your were working on and had good activity levels? Then you should be covered by Upwork's Hourly Protection.

There are conditions and limits.

Is it a fixed rate contract? If so, is the work finished and did you properly request payment via the "submit work for payment" function on the contract?

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Russell,

Upwork's hourly protection is excellent as long as you follow its requirements, including providing meaningful memos for each tracked session and not using manual hours.

But keep in mind that the maximum lifetime protection you have for a particular client is strictly limited. 

https://www.upwork.com/legal#escrow-hourly

Section 6.1 (Last Paragraph)

"The maximum amount of coverage under the Hourly Payment Protection for Freelancers for the life of a relationship between the same Client and Freelancer is $2,500 or 50 hours logged in Work Diary at Freelancer's average hourly rate billed to Client, based on whichever is less."

And even if the client eventually repays Upwork for tracked time Upwork has had to pay you out of its own pocket, the amount of that previous payment by Upwork will permanently reduce the remaining Upwork payment protection you have with that client.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members