🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked for a refund on still pending wi...
Page options
robert_arnez_ii
Community Member

Client asked for a refund on still pending with payment after a week they say I declined it?

After a falling out with a client they asked for a refund of payments that is still pending I was going to give it to them when I got it only for them to come and tell me after a week from the request say that I declined it only I never pressed the declin button and now they are escalating to a dispute. Is there an automatic period for a refund to be declined because I didn't see that in my account settings. The client refuses to talk to me and aren't helping me get to the bottom of this what's the issue here?

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I have checked and it doesn't look like you've declined any refund request, and we can confirm that you haven’t responded to any of the refund requests. However, please note that freelancers can also issue a refundFor hourly contracts, clients can only dispute hours during the review period following a workweek. In this case, hours beyond the review period are no longer eligible for dispute assistance. However, mediation assistance will be offered to both parties to get this resolved.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a2c40940
Community Member

Good day I did a work for my buyer **Edited for Community Guidelines** and at the long run when am almost done she say she no longer need it and that she will pay me for my work and she did say how much and I read the hourly to the agreed time and now she she requting for a refund which is not fair to me saying she will pay only $20 out of $200 and she was the one that didn't come online what am I supposed to do 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members