🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is asking in upwork dispute center to ...
Page options
anandshukla2810
Community Member

Client is asking in upwork dispute center to close my account.

Client is asking in upwork dispute center to close my account. He is blaming me in dispute that i have damaged his project. Let me explain the whole scenario.

I had completed his one job successfully. He was happy with my work and paid me $100 for the project and also paid $50 bonus for that task as he found my work is good. Then we agreed on second contract of $120. I asked him to create job on hourly basis as work will take efforts and time. So we agreed and started working on. Once I asked him to check the work he blamed me that I have made wrong his one of function (but i had never touched that function) but still i had done that and he asked to do one more task that was not in the list and he did not pay me for that. I asked him politely to close the contract and I will do the remaining tasks in next day. I had completed all of his tasks in the list but that one was not completed. It need to spend more time and energy to see his old freelancer's work in that task and I asked him to pay me more for that task as it will take more time. He refused to pay me for that task and kept blaming me that I made him fool and asked for closing the contract and now denying to do that task. Even I had done 2 additional tasks becuase of his blaming that i made that wrong which i did not i needed to fix his old freelancer code without getting paid. Now he said refund me all the money. I had spent alot of time on the project and due to just that one task which he don't understand that will take time and efforts (I mentioned this thing in the begining of contract that i will check the code and he was not sure how much that tasks is done and when i came to that task it was only 20% done.) Now he has created dispute and saying he want full refund want that my account should be closed that i have done fraud with him. Please help me on this matter. I need guidance. Please let me know my mistakes and I am ready to negotiate in this matter for my mistakes if i have done any in this contract.

7 REPLIES 7
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Anand S wrote:

Re: Client is asking in upwork dispute center to close my account.

This is irrelevant.

Upwork does not close accounts on the behest of a vengeful client.

They close an account if their ToS demand that your account be closed, and not because a client just wants your account closed.

Thanks for your response Abinadab. I am really afaid, can you please guide me how can I come out of this matter as he is blaming alot of things on me just to get refund and to close my account as his ego is hurt now as i had not completed that task due to the mentioned reason in my question description. Thanks. (Pardon if I am writing anything wrong in this community discussion as I am new to this community discussion platform).

Hi Anand,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client. It looks like you have an open ticket with our team about this case where you already shared this concern. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Which contract is the client disputing? The fixed, the hourly, or both?

When was the last milestone of the fixed rate contract funded? (FUNDED, not submitted or paid)

When did you last log hours on the hourly contract? Did you use the tracker with meaningful work memos and decent activity levels?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
This is the project title for which he raised the dispute on upwork. Project was submitted and feedback was provided as I mentioned in the description.

it is hourly based. he has ended the contract. provided good feedback. now he wants full refund and blaming me for many things which are inappropriate.

and yes he has already paid. logged hours has no problem at all.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members