🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client took too long to respond and gives a t...
Page options
evangelyn81
Community Member

Client took too long to respond and gives a task that wants to be finished in an instant

I have this client wherein she gave me a specific working hours schedule. But most of the time, I message her and it takes hours for her to reply. I usually end up, waiting for her the whole day and not turning my tracker on because there are no tasks. Also, whenever she responds it's usually past the time that I should be working. I start at 5:00 AM - 3-4:00 PM doing only very few task and waiting for the whole day, Then she tends to respond at 3-4pm giving me tasks to do. I just felt bad that i've been waiting all day, my tracker turned off, not doing anything because she doesnt give me my tasks in advance and whenever she do, she wants it in an urgent manner. Like very urgent. Shouldn't I be turning on my tracker? 

Also for the past few days, she's not responding to my messages. Yesterday she said she'd get back to me but she never did. What i'm afraid of is, what if she doesnt pay me?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Evangelyn,

I understand that you're concerned about your contract with your current client. You might need to discuss with your client the tasks that they can assign to you. Perhaps you can discuss getting tasks that you can do ahead of time so that you will not have to wait for your client to get started. I encourage you to politely discuss with your client and explain the situation so that you can come up with a better way of managing the project. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can have more than one client. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members