🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payou...
Page options
amteves
Community Member

Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payouts

Hello!

Is there a delay now on the Top-Rated salary availability?

Please advise. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I understand why this can cause concern for some of you. Please know that cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. If you live in another timezone, please calculate the time difference to determine when your payment will be available. We will also email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn.

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

If there are any specific issues related to this, we will update this thread. I can confirm that there are no reported issues that are affecting how these payments are processed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

449 REPLIES 449
coryemberson
Community Member

Praying not again...

r2m78
Community Member

Hoping that no delay for Top-Rated salary today. We need it badly.

alexbur86
Community Member

It is same for me, i'm not even seeing pending payments transactions..

yanimaravillo
Community Member

Same! Still on pending.

amteves
Community Member

It was an hour delayed from the usual availability here in the Philippines.

jcperezvaliao
Community Member

Same here, I hope Upwork will do something about it... Needed the salary badly here.... Thanks

alexbur86
Community Member

At least one of 2 faster payments from eligible contracts is sent to me just now.
So hopefully it works correctly, just with short delay from usual time 🙂

coryemberson
Community Member

I see my In Review amount is reduced by the amount of one contract, but after 8 minutes, it's not available yet...?

On edit: It became available after 10 minutes. 

alexagbon
Community Member

has anyone received theirs in the PH? 🤔 

daijah25
Community Member

Mine for some reason has Wednesday as the release date for my payment even though I'm a top-rated freelancer 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daijah, 

Your official payment date will continue to show as Wednesday. This is because we won’t know which payments will be released early until we review accounts every Friday morning (if your client disputes your hours or their payment fails, we can’t release your payment until the issue is resolved). As long as there’s no issues, your payment will be posted to your Upwork account on the Friday before the Wednesday date that is listed. For example, if your payment date is listed as Wednesday, July 15, you will receive it on Friday, July 10. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avero,

for my case, Upwork suspended the contract i had with my client. But i had already logged in hours and was waiting for payment since the job was finished.

Will my funds be eligible for faster payout which is today since I am a top rated freelancer. 

Thanks

Hi Achare,

Thank you for your message. Faster payouts are usually released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC as long as your client's card is successfully charged and there is no dispute initiated on the logged hours. In case the client account is suspended, they will have to resolve all pending issues before the funds are released to you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rbramones
Community Member

I received a notif that issues has been resolved so please not again this time please Upwork

rbramones
Community Member

rbramones_0-1646970515554.png

j_muiruri
Community Member

Same problem here!

rbramones
Community Member

Has anyone here contacted support. They are queueing. 

Seems like there's really an issue going on! Hmf.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I understand why this can cause concern for some of you. Please know that cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. If you live in another timezone, please calculate the time difference to determine when your payment will be available. We will also email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn.

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

If there are any specific issues related to this, we will update this thread. I can confirm that there are no reported issues that are affecting how these payments are processed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jpbl1976
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I think you need to let the Upwork team know that while we appreciate their efforts, delays related to payments actually do have a significant impact on freelancers because the timing of their payments impacts their financial situation. It's not a "cause for concern" -- it's kind of a big deal for a lot of people.

It's really odd too because some of us are far along enough on the client side that we know that Upwork has been paid and that there are no payment issues that would lead to a late release. Instead, it might be that something is not working on Upwork's end. That's the reason you are getting the reactions you're getting.

It would be one thing if this happened once every two years or so -- but this happens with some regularity. We had this issue just a few months ago. It used to be that on Fridays from between 1AM and 3AM UTC we'd receive our payments. Now it's much slower and later in the day. We aren't talking about edge cases. More clarity about this would be appreciated rather than a "we're sorry it's inconvenient" response. 

Hi there,

I have a question. I'm a top-rated profile, but my salary is still on Pending status up until now. Is there any delay today?

Hi John,

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~ AJ
Upwork

The same thing with what happen to my pay. Im top rated plus but  still not availbale til now and this is an ongoing issue.

penny671
Community Member

Any delays again? Also, how come we, as freelancers, aren't able to see if our client's payment had declined? Makes more sense that we are also able to see what's going on since it is our client afterall...

Hi Penelope,

Thank you for your message. All cleared payments are released on Fridays by 11:59 p.m., UTC. We initiate an investigation on the client's account in case of declined payment and the contract will be paused until the client resolves the issue. You can check the My Jobs page to check the status of your contract. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
albutra_joeric
Community Member

Looks okay now

yanimaravillo
Community Member

Money is still not credited to available funds. It should have been credited 30 minutes ago for top rated freelencers. This also happened 2 weeks ago. Please check. Thank you!

This also happened last week. 😞

The payments are just starting to cycle... I see a reduction in my "In Review" amount, but it hasn't been credited to Available $ yet (this happens a lot).

Yes, I checked now and my In Review fund is now zero but it is still not yet credited to my Available funds.

Sometimes delays happen. You can keep an eye on https://status.upwork.com/ if everything is green (operational). Depending upon contracts payment will be released eventually. Good day. 

The funds in my In Review has been taken out, but it is still not reflecting on my Available funds. I've been waiting for a few minutes now.

It took me about 30 minutes to see it become available.

Thank you! I'll wait a few more minutes then. 🙂

Hi Arianne,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already withdrawn your funds a while ago. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

yes its actually happening

ndhaskin
Community Member

Any other top rated freelancers having issues with their faster payments not yet being available?  I usually have mine by now and none of it is available, it's all still in "in progress"

Oh my goodness, not again... me too

I wondered if it was perhaps due to the time change here in the US - good to know it's not just me!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members