My problem solve

thanks
Kamruzzaman

studioconstantin
Ace Contributor
Constantin Eugen C Member Since: Jul 19, 2018
22 of 37

Hello

I was excited about the Direct Contracts feature when it was launched but when i had an opportunity to use it, i failed miserably. I had a potential client  outside of Upwork and everything was good untill the moment i proposed him to use Upwork Direct Contracts platform.

Because this feature requires the client NOT to register to the website  and when i told him this, it really confused him and it even became suspicious to the point that everthing went down and he probably find other ways. He probably thought it is a scam or something....

Do you guys have any tips about how it should be done not to confuse the client?

Thanks !

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
23 of 37

Hi Constantin,

I would like to clarify that the process you're referring to is working as designed. 

With Direct Contracts, you can create and send contract proposals to your clients that don't have Upwork accounts. (However, you can also invite them to sign up at any time as well.) Just like your other contracts on Upwork, your client deposits project funds in escrow before the contract starts. When you've completed the work, you'll request payment from your client.

To learn more about how Direct contracts work and how to manage them, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

studioconstantin
Ace Contributor
24 of 37

Hello Goran

Yes i think i understand the technical aspects but i think my  issue was on the communication strategy. with the client. The fact that i told him Not to register but just use the Direct Contract system, it made him suspicious. 

Actually i want to ask, is there any advantage on the client side to use this system instead of normal registration method?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
25 of 37

Constantin Eugen C wrote:

Hello Goran

i think my  issue was on the communication strategy. with the client. The fact that i told him Not to register but just use the Direct Contract system, it made him suspicious. 

Why would you want to use direct contracts with a non-Upwork client and pay  3.4% rather than use the "Bring my own client" scheme (under which the client gets to sign up) and pay 0% fees? You are top rated, so you're entitled to the special link which allows you to invite clients and pay no service fee when working with those clients.

is there any advantage on the client side to use this system instead of normal registration method?

The client does not have to create an Upwork account and the 3% payment processing fee is also not charged.

studioconstantin
Ace Contributor
26 of 37

Hi Petra

I did`nt know about the Bring my own client feature 

You mean if i bring it to sign up with the website,  then i will get 0% fees if i have a contract with him as long as i am  top rated?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
27 of 37

I did`nt know about the Bring my own client feature 

You mean if i bring it to sign up with the website,  then i will get 0% fees if i have a contract with him as long as i am  top rated?

If you use the special link you can get from Upwork, you will have 0% fees with that (!) client and any client you bring using that link forever.

studioconstantin
Ace Contributor
28 of 37

Thanks Petra, i hope i`l have a chance to use the feature like that!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
29 of 37

Hi Constantin,

If you would like to receive your unique link, let me know here and I will escalate your request to our team. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
studioconstantin
Ace Contributor
30 of 37

Hi Goran

Yes please, if is possible so i can use it when there is a new similar opportunity in the future !

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS