🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do u receive any invitations?..
Page options
iryna-vynnychenk
Community Member

Do u receive any invitations?..

I don't receive any invites for year, just one couple weeks ago and it's all.

I had old client, with whom I've worked for one year and nothing new.

I've bought connects, I've rewritten my profile overview, send proposals, any luck.

Does anybody have same thing?
How has you fixed that? Maybe any tips?

Will be happy for help. 🤗

5 REPLIES 5
6eb496a4
Community Member

To become a successful freelancer is a step by step process and patience is required and it would be better if you send more proposal to get a high chance of getting an offer and you should always have a 100% complete profile and you should try using an availability badge to  signal clients that you are ready for work.

celgins
Community Member

Many freelancers have seen sharp declines in invitations over the past year. I'm seeing it much more with Expert-Vetted, Top-Rated Plus, and Top-Rated freelancers over the past six months. There may be 10 different reasons why this is happening, but your profile is probably not the biggest issue.

All web/application development (i.e., Full-Stack, Back-End, Front-End, etc.) are highly competitive skill areas on Upwork. When coupled with algorithm adjustments, supply/demand, marketplace inconsistencies, and other unknown factors, we are seeing significant drops in invitations and hires for thousands (probably millions) of freelancers. I'm unsure if this will change any time soon.

crart
Community Member

Nope, no jobs, no invites, no money to buy connects and even if I had, I don't want to feed greedy managers of this god forgotten place anymore, they stole from me enough. Platform is dead, it's best to move somewhere else and let it die from management's greed. Now if you excuse me, it's a beautiful day here so I will go beg on the street to maybe buy some food.

the-right-writer
Community Member

The invitations I have received, for the most part, were looking for highly skilled work for pennies.

sparkesusan
Community Member

I have to agree with Sydney x. I don't pay much attention to invites and more attention to getting the proposals out there. I do get invites. A few I will accept, most not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members