🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Extending deadline for a project
Page options
36b95467
Community Member

Extending deadline for a project

Hi, so I have a client that I got from the project showcase (not from direct offer/certain job posts). The deadline is due today but I have communicated to extend the deadline and my clients agreed. Should I extend the deadline on my project management panel? How to do so?  Or do I not need to change anything on my current ongoing project setting and just stick to what we personally agree on?

I usually got job from job posts, and this is the first time I got it through project showcase. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Michael,

We don’t stop your project if it goes beyond the deadline. You do not need to take any action on your project management panel. You can continue working with the client and communicate with them about the work progress. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Michael,

We don’t stop your project if it goes beyond the deadline. You do not need to take any action on your project management panel. You can continue working with the client and communicate with them about the work progress. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you! Just to clarify, does my client also not need to take any action as well on his part?

A project's "deadline" only involves what you and your client agree to initially or agree to change.

Upwork has no interest in whether you set, meet or extend a "deadline" - only keeping your client happy with timely work should be your concern.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Just agree in the Messages with the client and do accordingly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members