b7a6f146
Arya M Member Since: Nov 11, 2021
1 of 27

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 27

Hi Arya, 

Before you can close your account, you will need to withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page. Once open proposals have been withdrawn, you can close your account by visiting this page. 

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

c40d622e
Sofia M Member Since: May 2, 2021
3 of 27

I can't delete my upwork account as a client. I don't have any existing jobs, and I am my own 'company' technically. Can someone from UpWork delete it for me?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
4 of 27

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your account is now closed as per your request. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
b2885f98
Chiara S Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
5 of 27

I have an Upwork client account with an email address from Gmail that I'd like to close.

I also have a freelancer AND client account with a Yahoo email which I want to continue to use, but once the Upwork Gmail account is closed, I want to switch the settings to use my Gmail address instead.Can you help please?

When I go to 'Delete account' on my Gmail Upwork account it says I have to contact Support Services.

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 27

Hi Chiara,

Could you please send me a private message with more information along with the Upwork usernames or registered email addresses so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kiarawl
7 of 27

I don't seem to be able to send you a private message. When I click on your link to send you a message, the message says:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 14173021.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
8 of 27

Hi Chiara,

You were not able to send private messages due to your Community rank. Now that it updated (it takes up to two hours), you should be able to send them.

However, as we already have both of your accounts here, there is no need for a private message.

Regarding your concern, we can go ahead and close the account with the Gmail address (the account from which you posted first on this thread) and after that, you can go to Settings > My Info and update the email address. Would you like us to go ahead and close the account?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kiarawl
9 of 27

Yes please, delete my Gmail Upwork account!

b2885f98
10 of 27
Yes please! Close my Gmail Upwork account.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS