Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Merging/closing accounts

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
11 of 27

Hi Chiara,

Thanks for confirming! Your account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
1526c999
Christopher T Member Since: Jun 8, 2021
12 of 27

I am having difficulty closing and merging old accounts.   I've contacted support and they have been unable to assist.   I have several businesses that I own.    Many of these businesses have accounts that are no longer in use and are associated with a credit card that needs to be removed.   I am unable to use this credit card with my new account because the system says it's been used on 7 other accounts, three of which are active and 4 inactive.     I would like to close the inactive accounts associated with my credit card.   Upwork support said they are unable to close the inactive accounts because I still have active accounts.   This makes no sense.     I need to speak to someone to resolve this issue as I would like to avoid cancelling the card altoghether.  Please give me advice on how to resolve this issue.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
13 of 27

Hi Christopher,

I can see that you already have an open ticket. I have gone ahead and followed up with the team that's handling your case. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d2ca1390
Muhammad Shaban Y Member Since: Mar 6, 2021
14 of 27

Hello Support Team,

Recently i was having trouble with my other upwork account and that account was Verified by me through ID Verification. Now i want only one account to use and this account (posting from current account) i need to delete/close it. Because i have my primary account verified now. Kindly delete this account as i dont want more than one upwork account. thanks.

mrygrceapostol
Mary Grace A Member Since: Feb 6, 2021
15 of 27

Hello,

I've created an Upwork account a long long time ago but I don't remember the email that is linked to the account that's why I created a new one. I believe that account was not verified. I want to delete that, I'm not even using that, I can't open that account anymore.

Please help.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 27

Hi Mary,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with any additional information you might remember for your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mrygrceapostol
Mary Grace A Member Since: Feb 6, 2021
17 of 27

Hello, please check your inbox.

cf8abb34
David Lex R Member Since: Feb 17, 2021
18 of 27

Hello
I have created an upwork account years ago and totally forgot about that since the email that I was using then was my for my school. I tried to log.in to that email for the purpose of deleting the account but it always says invalid. I don't remember if I change the email to that account or I deleted that account already. I know upwork only allows one account per freelancer and Im very much willing to comply to that, i'm just not sure if the original account I used to create upwork (years ago) was deleted or if I change the email address to that. Can Upwork inform me if that account was already deleted

Looking forward to your response

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
19 of 27

Hi David Lex,

Could you please share the details of the old account you're referring to so I can check? You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
infozium
Nirali S Member Since: Jan 23, 2021
20 of 27

Hello,

I have a Client, Agency & Freelancer account in one email address and I have created another Client account in the same email address, so I want to delete that another client account.

It's not letting me because I have one or more proposals in place. How can I delete the extra client account?

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS