b7a6f146
Community Member

How to Delete Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

505 REPLIES 505
zains97
Community Member

Hi my name is Zain Saleem and I made an upwork account a while back with my personal email address. I didn't really use it at all and now I made an account with my email address which i use for professional purposes without being about the poicy for multiple account. I would like to delete the previous account so that I am no longer in violation with UpWorks policies and require instructions on how to do that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zain,

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
infozium
Community Member

Hello,

I have a Client, Agency & Freelancer account in one email address and I have created another Client account in the same email address, so I want to delete that another client account.

It's not letting me because I have one or more proposals in place. How can I delete the extra client account?

Thanks.

Hi Nirali,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the name of the client account you wish to close? As soon as I get your message I will assist you in closing it. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
infozium
Community Member

I am not able to do PM.

Hi Nirali,

Are you receiving any error messages while trying to send a PM? You should be able to send a PM by clicking on Moderators Name and clicking Message button on their profile. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
infozium
Community Member

Hello 
I have PM the name of the client account which I wish to close but yet haven't yet closed. So, I request you to kindly check it and close it.

Thank You.

Hi Nirali,

As requested, the client account has been closed. You may log in and check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a87a7b73
Community Member

hello i have a problem deleting my account , i have open proposal and when i click on the proposal , the job is no longer available so i cant withdraw my proposal , can you please delete my account and thank you , 

May God Bless You All 

Hi Rory,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
a87a7b73
Community Member

I hope my account gets deleted without the website problems ,

Thank you, Andrea 

cf8abb34
Community Member

Hello
I have created an upwork account years ago and totally forgot about that since the email that I was using then was my for my school. I tried to log.in to that email for the purpose of deleting the account but it always says invalid. I don't remember if I change the email to that account or I deleted that account already. I know upwork only allows one account per freelancer and Im very much willing to comply to that, i'm just not sure if the original account I used to create upwork (years ago) was deleted or if I change the email address to that. Can Upwork inform me if that account was already deleted

Looking forward to your response

Hi David Lex,

Could you please share the details of the old account you're referring to so I can check? You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mrygrceapostol
Community Member

Hello,

I've created an Upwork account a long long time ago but I don't remember the email that is linked to the account that's why I created a new one. I believe that account was not verified. I want to delete that, I'm not even using that, I can't open that account anymore.

Please help.

Hi Mary,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with any additional information you might remember for your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, please check your inbox.

d2ca1390
Community Member

Hello Support Team,

Recently i was having trouble with my other upwork account and that account was Verified by me through ID Verification. Now i want only one account to use and this account (posting from current account) i need to delete/close it. Because i have my primary account verified now. Kindly delete this account as i dont want more than one upwork account. thanks.

b2885f98
Community Member

I have an Upwork client account with an email address from Gmail that I'd like to close.

I also have a freelancer AND client account with a Yahoo email which I want to continue to use, but once the Upwork Gmail account is closed, I want to switch the settings to use my Gmail address instead.Can you help please?

When I go to 'Delete account' on my Gmail Upwork account it says I have to contact Support Services.

Hi Chiara,

Could you please send me a private message with more information along with the Upwork usernames or registered email addresses so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I don't seem to be able to send you a private message. When I click on your link to send you a message, the message says:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 14173021.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi Chiara,

You were not able to send private messages due to your Community rank. Now that it updated (it takes up to two hours), you should be able to send them.

However, as we already have both of your accounts here, there is no need for a private message.

Regarding your concern, we can go ahead and close the account with the Gmail address (the account from which you posted first on this thread) and after that, you can go to Settings > My Info and update the email address. Would you like us to go ahead and close the account?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes please, delete my Gmail Upwork account!

Yes please! Close my Gmail Upwork account.

Hi Chiara,

Thanks for confirming! Your account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having difficulty closing and merging old accounts.   I've contacted support and they have been unable to assist.   I have several businesses that I own.    Many of these businesses have accounts that are no longer in use and are associated with a credit card that needs to be removed.   I am unable to use this credit card with my new account because the system says it's been used on 7 other accounts, three of which are active and 4 inactive.     I would like to close the inactive accounts associated with my credit card.   Upwork support said they are unable to close the inactive accounts because I still have active accounts.   This makes no sense.     I need to speak to someone to resolve this issue as I would like to avoid cancelling the card altoghether.  Please give me advice on how to resolve this issue.

Hi Christopher,

I can see that you already have an open ticket. I have gone ahead and followed up with the team that's handling your case. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c40d622e
Community Member

I can't delete my upwork account as a client. I don't have any existing jobs, and I am my own 'company' technically. Can someone from UpWork delete it for me?

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your account is now closed as per your request. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5236a5f8
Community Member

I'm unable to close my client & freelancer account as well. Can you close it?

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork
ace25080
Community Member

Hi! Could you please assist me with closing my account please? thank you 

Hi Kseniia,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ace25080
Community Member

Thanx! but unfortunatelly, is didnt help. Do you have another advice except to close contract and proposals? It were closed already. 

Kseniia, I can see you were able to communicate with our team further and your account is already closed. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reply directly to the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
2def2e3c
Community Member

Hey andrea,

could you please delete my account

Hi Vineel,

Our team will reach out to you shortly and will assist you further with closing your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
163143f4
Community Member

Good afternoon. 

ive been trying to but I'm unable to delete my account. I was hoping you could help me. I've closed all contracts and paid everyone. I was hoping you could delete my account and delete any data associated with it. 

regards. 

Hi Blair,

Our team will assist you further with your account on your ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths